Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Some issues FSL A320

Thanks David,

understand, but on other items "either or" is possible like Antiskid on or off. What is checked here is only wether autothrust is engaged or not;

it is engaged when either managed speed is used (FMS dictates speed) or selected speed is used (pf dials speed) (checklist answer would be speed)

it is not engaged pf moves the thrust levers. (checklist answer would be off).

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

I tried the flight controls check yesterday; it is part of the "after start flow"; it worked for elevator, aileron but not for the rudder; if I push left (correctly indicated in the lower ECAM) he says full right and then he stops with the check.

I probably was unclear with the "autothrust challenge" during landing checklist. Some airlines fly all approaches (incl. visual approach) with managed/selected speed and others

disconnect autothrust;

so when PNF asks autothrust then 2 answers should be accepted

speed (autothrust engaged)

off (autothrust disengaged)

Thank you.

There are cases where David could be right.

This one has been implemented though. Just edit your checklist and set "speed" as the reply.

Then you could reply "speed" and FO will check auto-thrust is ON, or equally reply "ON" or "OFF" and he'll check switch is in correct position.

New package has been released. All issues in this thread and the GSX related thread should now be sorted.

Only one that may need further tweaking is the "flight controls check".

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel. Do not manually delete anything as the license key well as the additional voice packs remain in place.

Download latest here: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Unzip and run "InstallMCE". 

Should be all you need to do. At least for the usual updates.

Exceptionally, this time, will ask users to re-download all additional Mechanic voice packs.

We've started making use of the new GSX refueling feature.

In previous voice packs, Mechanic would prompt for fuel in tons exclusively. That speech is now more generic.

Once you update the voice packs, Mechanic will prompt for the quantity and you can give it in tons, pounds or percentage.

He will state the quantity he understood and once you confirm it, FO will punch the required fuel into FMC-CDU.

Currently only applies to PMDG 737 & PMDG 777. Will eventually extend it to FSL bus (Can already do it, just not sure GSX is handling fueling of the bus OK right now. I'm sure it;s only a matter of time before FSDT gets it going)

With other aircraft, when the GSX select percentage screen appears, you could just speak one of the on-screen options.

Great Gerald, will do that right now.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Hi,

I installed and tried the new version. Flight Controls check works much better, it stops after "rudder full left" no response when rudder is pushed to the right, elevator and aileron perfect; autothrust = speed works also :smile: . It seems that the copilot cannot dial in altitudes/fl, which worked fine before the update; sometimes frquencies are set wrong;

I ask "Set radio 1 to 126.225", answer is correct but he dials 126.250.

Thanks Peter

Peter

@PeterMuc3

When it comes to FCU, and you ask for something to be dialled, and FO hasn't worked out yet where to read the current value, we prevent him dialling random values on purpose.

If by the time you're ready for taxi, he's unable to dial HDG, VS, ALT or Efis Baro, restart MCE quickly, and he should find the remaining item(s) within a couple of minutes.

He actually saves the data he finds to \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\mcfslA3x.ini

That way, when you restart MCE, it doesn't start the search from scratch.

The values in that file are expected to be reset when FSX shuts down.

In the event FSX crashes, you'll very likely have old useless values there and next time MCE starts, it might use them as references. But you can tell they are wrong when FO just rotates the dials, without selecting accurate values.

For a fresh search, just delete the ini file and start MCE. And confirm ALT is now OK.

More importantly, I assume no more crash when handling boarding and cargo doors closing.

Edit: Will get back to you on the radio issue you mentioned.

This is slightly going off topic here because I am using the Aerosoft Airbus. Nevertheless I wanted to let you know, that I still (with the new version downloaded today) experience the same behaviour with the filgt controls check as I described earlier. Sometimes only "left" instead of "full left" and no neutral. When it works fine with "full left" and "neutral" now I also have a "neutral" for the rudder. But then the call "flight controls check successful" does not follow immediately after the last checked axis but only after a pause some time after that - I guess when the flow times out.

Ralf

Yes, no more freezes with GSX handling boarding and doors :smile: . The moment I used to get freezes was when the ramp guy said good bye,

but with the new version he doesn't say that anymore. No biggy.

Peter

Peter

Hi Gerald,

Did 2 more flights and the copilot still struggles with the FCU; even during taxi out he is not able to set altitudes, later during flight, he can. That is for now

not a big problem, I can dial in the altitudes. But after I asked him to do anything on the FCU and he can't do, it seems that he is fiddling with other commands of

the FCU, e.g. speed. This goes so far that he pulls the speed knob and randomly dials a number and therefore overwriting what is programmed in the FMS and this

is a problem. Next flight I will not ask him to do anything on the FCU being on the ground and see what happens.

Would be great if you could have another look at it.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Hi Gerald,

Did 2 more flights and the copilot still struggles with the FCU; even during taxi out he is not able to set altitudes, later during flight, he can. That is for now

not a big problem, I can dial in the altitudes. But after I asked him to do anything on the FCU and he can't do, it seems that he is fiddling with other commands of

the FCU, e.g. speed. This goes so far that he pulls the speed knob and randomly dials a number and therefore overwriting what is programmed in the FMS and this

is a problem. Next flight I will not ask him to do anything on the FCU being on the ground and see what happens.

Would be great if you could have another look at it.

Thanks Peter

OK, will wait for more feedback.

As for SPD select, FO cannot currently work it out on ground.

When you fly higher than 11000 feet above ground level, he'll briefly pull the SPD button and increment it by one knot (not really random dialling).

It will take him less than 2 minutes to work it out.

Eventually just push the SPD button to revert to managed speed.

If required, will add an option to disregard FCU speed altogether.

As said before, if by the time you're ready for taxi he can't dial altitude, restart MCE and wait for a couple of minutes.

Also be aware, by design, to prevent the background search for FCU going on for ever, the moment you push the throttle levers beyond CLB detent, the search will abort immediately.

I assume you aren't trying to push the throttle levers to get the feel at some point during preparation.

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes I moved the thrust levers during power up to make sure they are correctly calibrated, so that

might have messed things up; will do that in the future before starting MCE. I was quite sure that he dialed the speed knob

being on the ground, but if that is not possible then my mistake. Anyway will try my next flight without having him do anything on the

FCU before we are airborne.

Peter

Did a short flight and have the copilot leaving the FCU untouched being on the ground, everything perfect. Thank you Gerald for the excellent service and a great product.

FSL just released an update to their Airbus 320, which requires a full install. What would I have to do with MCE when I install the update?

Peter

Peter

Did a short flight and have the copilot leaving the FCU untouched being on the ground, everything perfect. Thank you Gerald for the excellent service and a great product.

FSL just released an update to their Airbus 320, which requires a full install. What would I have to do with MCE when I install the update?

Peter

You're welcome.

We don't expect anything related to interfacing to break. And you don't need to do anything other than install latest FSLabs update.

MCE doesn't touch the aircraft files. For instance, we don't need to edit "Panel.cfg" or "aircraft.cfg", therefore nothing to reset.

We prefer to run MCE as an external process to the sim, so that the speech engine (which runs inside "mce.exe") doesn't eat your valuable FSX memory (VAS limited to 4 GB), which is what it would do when you run the add-on as a gauge inside the panel.

Obviously if there is anything that requires attention, just let us know.

Hi, my copilot still struggles with some actions in the cockpit. Even so their are the correct commands in voxscript e.g. before t/o procedure he cannot switch the strobe lights to on, same is true for taxi lights and some times landing lights. When asking for the correct com frequency 120.650, he responds correctly but dials 120.625 or requested 127.600 response correct but dials 127.625. Last flight I had the funny experience that he could not handle the above mentioned lights but did well with the frquencies :Hmmmph:

Thanks for having a look at it.

Peter

Peter

@Petrmuc3

Did a quick test with V184 and it worked fine.

Go to Voxscript interface and you should find a "testing flow" named "testing all the external lights".

Click Edit, then <Edit scripts commands", and test various lights, including "strobe light on" and "strobe light off".

If it doesn't work, maybe they have changed something with that particular light in latest release, and MCE has to adjust accordingly.

Which version are you on?

EDIT: As for VHF, not quite sure what's going on.

I did observe the behaviour you described

Thanks Gerald, I am running v 1.01.191 and will try the lights test. But as I inserted " strobe lights on" in the "before t/o flow" voxscript I tested and the copilot acted correctly, but later on when using it during taxi he did not put strobe lights to on.

Peter

Peter