Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Some issues FSL A320

Hi Gerald,

I tried the latest A3X.dll and removed the entry fcusupport=0, but I had the same problems as before; some examples

- responding to the "bird on" correctly but not engaging trk/fpa

- once  asked for selected speed I was not able to revert back to managed speed

- when all systems are running the FCU should look like "Speed... Hdg... Altitude 4000 (e.g.) ... But now they all show selected and I

cannot make them managed.

Maybe it is only not working in my setup, don't know.

Thanks for looking into that again.

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

On 3/9/2017 at 1:11 PM, Petermuc3 said:

Hi Gerald,

I tried the latest A3X.dll and removed the entry fcusupport=0, but I had the same problems as before; some examples

- responding to the "bird on" correctly but not engaging trk/fpa

- once  asked for selected speed I was not able to revert back to managed speed

- when all systems are running the FCU should look like "Speed... Hdg... Altitude 4000 (e.g.) ... But now they all show selected and I

cannot make them managed.

Maybe it is only not working in my setup, don't know.

Thanks for looking into that again.

In case you didn't know, you can use these commands...

Push speed knob

Pull speed knob

Push heading knob

Pull heading knob

Heading select

managed speed

managed heading

managed altitude

Pull altitude knob

level change.

Contact support and you'd be sent a link to the most recent build.

Thanks Gerald,

I am aware of the a.m. commands but this did not help with my problems. Now I have tried the newest build but still

have the problems with the FCU. Let's say I am im managed speed and say "set speed 170" or "pull speed knob and then set speed 170"

the copilot pulls the speed knob but then dials random numbers up and down and is not stopping unless I say "stop that", he/she is also

not able to push trk/fpa. So for the time being I have the copilot leaving the FCU alone.

Peter

7 hours ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks Gerald,

I am aware of the a.m. commands but this did not help with my problems. Now I have tried the newest build but still

have the problems with the FCU. Let's say I am im managed speed and say "set speed 170" or "pull speed knob and then set speed 170"

the copilot pulls the speed knob but then dials random numbers up and down and is not stopping unless I say "stop that", he/she is also

not able to push trk/fpa. So for the time being I have the copilot leaving the FCU alone.

Which FSL A320 version are you on? Thanks

Latest versions

Resources: 196

Binaries: 197

Peter

2 hours ago, Petermuc3 said:

Latest versions

Resources: 196

Binaries: 197

Thanks.

I can confirm FCU SPD control is buggy. Will post a fix (new dll) within a couple of days.

On 3/14/2017 at 10:23 AM, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks Gerald,

Go ahead and download the latest official release (V2.7.0.3) and confirm FCU SPD control working when airborne.

This package now fully supports PMDG QOTS II

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

30 minutes ago, FS++ said:

(...)

This package now fully supports PMDG QOTS II

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

You did it again!

Thank you, Gerald and team.

EDIT:

Your table still reads "coming soon" v2. You'll probably like to make that "v3/QOTS II is in". (or something to that extent :cool:)

Edited by The Undecided

3 hours ago, The Undecided said:

You did it again!

Thank you, Gerald and team.

EDIT:

Your table still reads "coming soon" v2. You'll probably like to make that "v3/QOTS II is in". (or something to that extent :cool:)

You're welcome. Enjoy flying the Queen with a crew.

This becomes the 39 th voice commander in chief of the United Crew Simulation :cool:

Less time spent on packaging. More of it dedicated to delivering substance that matters.

And thanks for pointing out website not up do date info. Now corrected

Gerald, do I need to uninstall first and are all my custom flows/checklists preserved or do I need to back them up?

Thanks

Peter

1 hour ago, Petermuc3 said:

Gerald, do I need to uninstall first and are all my custom flows/checklists preserved or do I need to back them up?

Thanks

Unless you have edited one of the checklists we ship within the \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder, which we don't recommend, there is nothing to backup.

Your custom flows are saved to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. They aren't affected by a new install nor are they overwritten.

Since MCE installer doesn't need to edit "aircraft.cfg" or "Panel.cfg" files, and doesn't modify FSX/Prepar3D files either, there is nothing to worry about on the flight sim installation side.It will just add latest fsInsider.dll and <MCE dlls> folder to the root simulator folder.

Upgrade process as follows...

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel

Do NOT manually remove anything, as the license.key and installed additional voice packs remain in place.

Download (save) latest version to your hard drive. Unzip and run "InstallMCE".

That should be all you need to do.

On the occasion where we add support for new aircraft, in this case PMDG 747 V3, one more step is required.

Run the app wizard quickly, without going through speech training.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Run app wizard.

Under Windows 10, in search box type run app wizard and it should find the tool for you.

The purpose of running the wizard in this case is to ensure the pre-made flows are copied to \My Documents\.. folder.

The wizard will never overwrite existing flows with the same names.

I did 4 flights with the new build. F/O can push/pull FCU knobs savely, dials altitude correct, after a long time dials heading correct

(this is a problem during t/o run it stays in selected heading where it should be in NAV mode),  cannot dial speed.

By the way after having installed the new build I recognize a pretty big VAS leak. Not sure it has to do with MCE as you are running outside

of the engine.

Peter

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, Petermuc3 said:

this is a problem during t/o run it stays in selected heading where it should be in NAV mode.

Simply add "managed heading" or "push heading knob" to one of your taxi or before takeoff flows and this will get it back to NAV mode.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, Petermuc3 said:

By the way after having installed the new build I recognize a pretty big VAS leak.

It's easy to verify that, and you don't even need to in-install MCE.

Simply do to FSX installation folder and rename "fsInsider.dll" to "NO-fsInsider.dll"

After that not a single instruction related to MCE will execute inside the simulator process. None of the dlls in <MCE dlls> folder loads on its own. It's fsInsider.dll that decides which one to load depending on running aircraft.

Perform a flight with, and the exact same flight without fsInsider.dll enabled.