Sign in to follow this  
TomcatUK

NAVDATA out of date

I have recently uninstalled FSX boxed and moved to FSX:SE (Steam Edition). I have reinstalled my PMDG777-200 & 300.

I ran NavdataPro to update the navigation data (selecting the path for PMDG within the FSX install path), but I am getting a 'Navdata out of date' error on the FMC.

On checking NavdataPro it is saying that it has found PMDG FSX installed, with AIRAC 1701 installed.

Any ideas?

TomcatUK

Does NavdataPro have a support forum?

Check the fmc_ident.txt file located in PMDG\NAVDATA folder. This is the source of the cycle information used by the FMS.  If it is not updated then NavdataPro is pointed to the wrong location.  Usually, installers need to know the root FSXSE directly, they know where to go from there.  You pointed to the PMDG directory under the FSXSE root directly. That's my guess.

Also make sure your simulators time is current and not other than the 5Jan-1Feb period for current cycle.

PS:  Forum rules ask that we always use our full name on posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

Many thanks for the reply Dan. I think you are on to something about the path I used. I will try that when work and home life allow (hopefully this weekend). I will let you know how I get on.

Also, I have now saved my name in my signature (apologies I didn't realise this was required).

Regards,

Arne

I have now had time to try Dan's suggestion and it is now all working.

To help anyone else that faces my problem (selecting the correct folder for AIRAC Navdata to be read by PMDG 777 FMC, ensure you select the PMDG subfolder (which is immediately under the main FSX program folder). As I am using FSX:SE installed on the 'S' drive for me this is S:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG

Thanks again Dan.

Arne