Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Manchester Airport - UK2000 vs Aerosoft

Hello everyone. Surprisingly Aerosoft and UK2000 release at about the same time Manchester Airport product. If I'm correct they are different developers and not related to each other. I know it is still early but has anyone tried 1 or 2 of these and have comments/recommendations? I'm really interested in this airport.

Just by the pictures I like the way UK2000 looks more, but what I really want is the better performance one.

Thank you,

Hoang Le.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Got both. The modelling on the IDS one looks better to my eyes but VAS is an issue. UK2000 is another solid release that works as advertised, as Gary's stuff always does. VAS and performance is better in the UK2000 one.

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Aerosoft' EGCC is designed by I.D.S (Innovative Development Studios). Same developer as Nassau MYNN. Nassau since it's release has been a hard run for some people. I myself would take a proven developer like UK2000 over a newcomer with problems on their first release. Just my two bits. 

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

did you  download the uk2000  demo. funny I kind of liked the photos of the aerosoft better.

oh yeah, I forgot the demo function, thanks for the tip, will download it right now

Got both. The modelling on the IDS one looks better to my eyes but VAS is an issue. UK2000 is another solid release that works as advertised, as Gary's stuff always does. VAS and performance is better in the UK2000 one.

Thank you, I will download the UK2000 demo and see how it goes on my computer, I believe the demo is a little bit lighter than the real one

I'm really close on VAS availability when using PMDG 777 so I have to be careful

Aerosoft' EGCC is designed by I.D.S (Innovative Development Studios). Same developer as Nassau MYNN. Nassau since it's release has been a hard run for some people. I myself would take a proven developer like UK2000 over a newcomer with problems on their first release. Just my two bits. 

thank you, I can trade some "eye candy" stuff to get the better performance

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

If it's from the same developer that created Nassau for Aerosoft, I would steer clear of Manchester until a few reviews of the product have appeared. Even after an update, Nassau is still a problem for me. In fact it is now my general policy to await reviews of Aerosoft airports before buying them, because I have had resource issues with more than just Nassau. This is a shame as Aerosoft airports generally look very good and most perform well, but they use quite a few different developers which is probably the reason for the occasional variablility.

UKXtreme Airports, as far as I am aware, are, by contrast, all from the talents of the same developer, Gary from UK2000, so there is a degree of consistency here. Almost all my UK airport addons are from UKXtreme and I have been generally very pleased with them. They all come with a configurator, which in the case of bigger airports such as Heathrow gives the user the option of reducing the demand on resources depending on their system.

Bill

• Upvote 1

I have had horrible performance with IDS sceneries, as polished as they look. Nassau is tolerable because there isn't a lot going on around it, but I had to uninstall SMF.

Don't forget that UK2000 products get continual updates and fixes - there's one in the works already responding to user requests and comments.

Rob Jones.

Was looking forward to the Aerosoft version, guess I will hang on to the UK2000 version for now.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

If you have any issues at all with the UK2000 version, then please let me know :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For those who have the UK2000 Manchester V1, note that you can get the V2 version for US $9.95 ...

DJ

Was looking forward to the Aerosoft version, guess I will hang on to the UK2000 version for now.

Actually version 2 of UK2000 EGCCextreme is just released, and at half price for version 1 owners, so I'd recommend that you update!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Bought a dozen or more UK2000 scenery over the years, quick support responses, friendly, many updates and fixes, if I had the money I'd buy them all! Have my eyes on Doncaster to fly Aerologic 777s there like in real life. UK2000 may not have as much eye candy but working jetways in FSX and texture quality close to Aerosoft's release of EGLL I am always happy with their products.

yep  got  them  all  uk2000  airports   cant  go  wrong  with them

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg