Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Manchester Airport - UK2000 vs Aerosoft

Actually version 2 of UK2000 EGCCextreme is just released, and at half price for version 1 owners, so I'd recommend that you update!

Pete

Yeah thanks Pete, was checking it out now, and i'm a version 1 owner  :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hi Folks,

I've seen serious complaints go unacknowledged or fixed with IDS - while they have desirable airports - they're on my "no fly" list until I start seeing some positive feedback... Fix what you have sold first - then move to new scenery...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

I've seen serious complaints go unacknowledged or fixed with IDS - while they have desirable airports - they're on my "no fly" list until I start seeing some positive feedback... Fix what you have sold first - then move to new scenery...

Regards,

Scott

I've been very vocal on Aerosoft forums regarding IDS and Nassau. Foolishly I departed Manchester in Concorde a few months ago and 4 hours later on finals to Nassau the VAS dropped from 1.4Gb available down to less than 300Mb 15nm out.

Needless to say FSX bombed soon after and a 4 hour flight was wasted. First time ever I've had that problem with an Aerosoft product.

Months later and IDS are promising to fix Nassau based on the new skills they have learned with Manchester. I suspect I may be waiting a while yet given how the product has been received.

Bit surprised Aerosoft didn't fully test this before adding it to their titles after the problems with Nassau.

I too will be purchasing EGCC v2 and appreciate Gary's generous 50% discount. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My only wish with UK2000 is that Gary finds a way to make runway lighting work in P3D. At the moment the only option to stop big bloomy lighting is to tick the 'use default lighting' box, which works but doesn't look great. My understanding is that P3D uses a different method to show lights than FSX.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

My only wish with UK2000 is that Gary finds a way to make runway lighting work in P3D. At the moment the only option to stop big bloomy lighting is to tick the 'use default lighting' box, which works but doesn't look great. My understanding is that P3D uses a different method to show lights than FSX.

I saw a post where P3D is going to get actual lights...that light up things.  It would be nice if developers didn't have to home-brew their own. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The only problem that I can see with Gary's custom lights in P3D is that they are relatively faint at distance. They look fantastic (to me) at close range, which is why I have no hesitation in using them in P3D v3.3.5. Conversely, the runway lighting in Aerosoft London Heathrow Xtended is default only, and the runway and taxiway lighting in Aerosoft Dublin is default only (I have disabled the entire network of taxiway lighting at this airport because default taxiway lighting is....to be blunt.....crap).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The only problem that I can see with Gary's custom lights in P3D is that they are relatively faint at distance. They look fantastic (to me) at close range, which is why I have no hesitation in using them in P3D v3.3.5. Conversely, the runway lighting in Aerosoft London Heathrow Xtended is default only, and the runway and taxiway lighting in Aerosoft Dublin is default only (I have disabled the entire network of taxiway lighting at this airport because default taxiway lighting is....to be blunt.....crap).

The custom lighting is really good at UK2000 airports, totally agree. Distance is not a big deal as the Christmas tree lighting you get in a lot of airports in the sim from 80 miles out is not at all realistic. It's the actual custom runway lighting and the PAPIs that are being disabled by that UK2000 checkbox in P3D, though isn't it?

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The PAPI lights are already default in P3D with UK2000 airports. They are the one aspect of UK2000 Xtreme lighting that has yet to be sorted out. The custom runway lighting is disabled if you tick the option to use default lighting.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can't go wrong with UK2000 stuff. I too would recommend it. :-)

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've had a couple of problems with previous IDS sceneries, and performance. So for me it's UK2000 all the way. V1 was/is fantastic and super performing, so V2 will be a no brainer.    Like to support Garry, as a sole developer and someone who has provided 1st class support and community contribution for over a decade and a half.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Hello guys,

It would be great if someone could post comparative screenshots of the two products on the same terminal areas. I am on the fence on which one to buy..and while I see all these negative comments for the Aerosoft product, I can also see that the texturing quality of the Aerosoft product is much higher. On the other hand UK2000 screenshots are really of low res so can't easily compare, that's why some comparative shots would be great.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I've had a couple of problems with previous IDS sceneries, and performance. So for me it's UK2000 all the way. V1 was/is fantastic and super performing, so V2 will be a no brainer.    Like to support Garry, as a sole developer and someone who has provided 1st class support and community contribution for over a decade and a half.

+1

Was just about to post a comment but already said above by Bill :smile:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Thank you for all your comments. I just purchased Uk2000 Manchester V2 without trying the demo version. It's superb that this is a one-man job and very happy to support him.

Currently enroute EGCC - OMDB, tried to stay on ground as much as possible with all the preflight. With AS16,FTX,PMDG 777, 50% traffic,VAS stable around 3000MB. The performance so far is very good. VIS 1SM and clouds all over (I use maximum cloud layer). My FPS is around ~25-30 and very smooth.

I have to agree with a lot of you. Uk2000 support is very good and there is going to be an update in few days.

• Upvote 2

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I have all of Gary's airports, and would certainly be getting V2.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.