Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Manchester Airport - UK2000 vs Aerosoft

Manchester X is very hard on VAS go with UK2000

I agree. Aerosoft airports look great, but IMO they suck when it comes to VAS and smoothness. I've been more than happy with all my UK2000 sceneries.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I agree. Aerosoft airports look great, but IMO they suck when it comes to VAS and smoothness. I've been more than happy with all my UK2000 sceneries.

Sorry, don't agree. I have lots of Aerosoft airports and generally they're fine. I would look to the developer (IDS) for the recent problems with EGCC and Nassau. They've promised a hot fix so maybe that will resolve things.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Gary just posted an update for the Manchester V2. Super fast! I'm really impressed and happy with this purchase.

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Sorry, don't agree. I have lots of Aerosoft airports and generally they're fine. I would look to the developer (IDS) for the recent problems with EGCC and Nassau. They've promised a hot fix so maybe that will resolve things.

Hmm, then you are a lucky man Ray.  :smile:  I have had to uninstall Rotterdam, Madrid, Charles de Gaulle, Barcelona, Heathrow and probably others which I can't remember! Sure, I could still use them if I wanted to fly into an airport which stutters at 12-18 fps, but that's not my idea of fun! So I very rarely buy any Aerosoft airports now.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hmm, then you are a lucky man Ray.  :smile:  I have had to uninstall Rotterdam, Madrid, Charles de Gaulle, Barcelona, Heathrow and probably others which I can't remember! Sure, I could still use them if I wanted to fly into an airport which stutters at 12-18 fps, but that's not my idea of fun! So I very rarely buy any Aerosoft airports now.

I agree LFPG is a poor performer but it's one of their oldest airports. Barcelona and Heathrow are excellent on my system - FSX:SP2, i7 4770K @ 4.5, 8Gb RAM, GTX780 3Gb. Maybe it's your settings that are too high?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Uk2000 EGCC for me it is. 

Gary always deliver solid work and he is the number one for me in the UK. I always can buy his stuff without thinking of performance. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hmm, then you are a lucky man Ray. :smile: I have had to uninstall Rotterdam, Madrid, Charles de Gaulle, Barcelona, Heathrow and probably others which I can't remember! Sure, I could still use them if I wanted to fly into an airport which stutters at 12-18 fps, but that's not my idea of fun! So I very rarely buy any Aerosoft airports now.

Wow, that's a nice rig.  You must be running heavy antialiasing settings.  I have a number of Aerosoft airports (none of those, though...I have Frankfurt, Malaga, Lisbon, Rome, Hamburg, Toulous and they're all fine).  My system is a notch or two lower than yours except I have a 4K display and disabled nVidea Inspector.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I agree LFPG is a poor performer but it's one of their oldest airports. Barcelona and Heathrow are excellent on my system - FSX:SP2, i7 4770K @ 4.5, 8Gb RAM, GTX780 3Gb. Maybe it's your settings that are too high?

Wow, that's a nice rig.  You must be running heavy antialiasing settings.  I have a number of Aerosoft airports (none of those, though...I have Frankfurt, Malaga, Lisbon, Rome, Hamburg, Toulous and they're all fine).  My system is a notch or two lower than yours except I have a 4K display and disabled nVidea Inspector.

Hmm, well, maybe. I've run FSX for years at the NI settings that most people recommend. Now I am in the process of starting P3d, I will be looking at fine tuning this area of settings. Are both of you running P3D?

Howard

Are both of you running P3D?

I'm still running FSX:SP2 and have no plans to change to P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hmm, well, maybe. I've run FSX for years at the NI settings that most people recommend. Now I am in the process of starting P3d, I will be looking at fine tuning this area of settings. Are both of you running P3D?

I'm running P3D 3.4 HF2.  Turning off NI was a nice moment for me...especially SGSS. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've got both Aerosoft and the new UK2000 Manchester, so I'll be comparing them soon, when I get some time.

P3D is a very different animal with some scenery building methods. Gary's methods for UK2000 have changed recently to try to deal with P3D nuances better, but certainly some of them are dreadful performers in P3D compared to FSX. I'm thinking particularly of EGLL (Heathrow) and EGLC (London City).

On my system, where P3D is an excellent performer on the whole, UK2000 EGLL is really stuttery and slow compared to Aerosoft's EGLL with half the number of AI. So for EGLL I still to the Aerosoft version (which also has the Concorde near runway 27L threshold where it is in reality -- it is missing on the UK2000 version).

EGLC is not just stuttery on my system -- approaching it or flying near it (eg on approach to EGLL runway 27L or 27R) there are actual pauses! This alone has made me return to FSX-SE as my main cockpit sim. (I always keep both sims maintained and flyable for my cockpit in case P3D one day is better).

This may be partly down to my desire for realistic traffic levels, for which I use both UT2 and MT6. Even so, with no AI Traffic at all, UK2000 EGLC still causes stutters/pauses.

With each P3D update I try again, but so far, though P3D3.4 looked hopeful, it still isn't good enough.

Pete

I'm running P3D 3.4 HF2.  Turning off NI was a nice moment for me...especially SGSS. 

Without SGSS my P3D screen is horrible, the anti-alias doesn't work properly and I get too many flickery objects. I can only go up to 1080P resolution max (Projection), so are you on 4k or, if not, how do you make a lesser resolution look good?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Interesting replies guys. Well, I am the victim of my own success! I have flown with FSX since 2009 and have been, more or less, content, apart from the slow loading of textures and blurries. In my quest for 'perfection' I decided in October to move to FSX-SE, which was quite a challenge due to having more than 100 payware airports and all of Orbx sceneries and regions, not to mention all the other stuff like, FSUIPC, LINDA, SPAD, plus the hardware panels, blah blah! It took me the best part of three weeks to get everything installed. However, within 24 hours of installing FSX-SE and this is where I fall victim, it wasn't long before I was experiencing terrain dll crashes. With no resolution in sight, regardless of how much detective work I carried out, I still experienced these random acts of vindictiveness! I also started to get even more crashes, can't remember which, they are supposed to be associated with the MS redistributables ++ 2005 (?) anyway, regardless of how many of these MS updates I did, plus all the rest, through to 2013, I was still getting crashes. This made me VERY, VERY sad, as I experienced virtually no crashes at all in the 6 years flying in FSX. So after most of October installing FSX-SE, I decided to do, yet again, a second reinstall. And guess what? after spending most of November performing yet a second install, I was still seeing crashes. So just after Christmas I decided to upsticks, throw everything in the bin and install P3d. I have now just today, finished installing all the sceneries. I now have to move onto aircraft. if I can't make this work to my satisfaction, then it will definitely be XP, or I will give up simming all together, which will be  sad day for me. But life is getting shorter as we get older. Gregg, I still have 4 x SGSS on in P3d, nothing else, but I'd be interested in seeing your graphics settings if possible?

Howard

I've got all of UK2000 scenery airports, can say I am happily satisfied with Garys work and will continue to support him.

Just make sure you run ORBX vector config. tool (in the FTX v 3) if you are having vector installed.

Without SGSS my P3D screen is horrible, the anti-alias doesn't work properly and I get too many flickery objects. I can only go up to 1080P resolution max (Projection), so are you on 4k or, if not, how do you make a lesser resolution look good?

Yeah, 4K.  That's what I'd said to Howard a few posts back...his rig is significantly better than mine but his performance seems worse...except he's not running 4K.  I was speculating that his AA was the difference.

Gregg Seipp

IMO, the "trick" is do ignore Aerosoft as a brand and to look at the developers behind them. I.D.S. has released three airports so far (incl. Sacramento), and users have been reporting VAS issues with all of them.

The next addon released by Aerosoft may be good or not so good; it will depend on the developer rather than the publisher Aerosoft or their quality control.

Just my 2 cents ...

• Upvote 2