Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Manchester Airport - UK2000 vs Aerosoft

I liked the Concord addon for fs9 a long time ago, you have no time to admire any scenery that airplane is a handful, and very fun.

Huge amount of fun! And it keeps the brain working. Lisbon to JFK in 3hr 15m. Eat your heart out Boeing and Airbus. :Big Grin:

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

EGLC I have good performance also in FSX but do you run Orbx scenery? If you have Vector disable frozen water bodies, and on the UK scenery config try disabling the animated road traffic. That hurt my FPS in FSX when I was tweaking it 

No, no Orbx active. My vectors are UTX.

My FPS is okay, it's only the pauses which are a problem, and only in P3D.

Pete

I get this with UK2000 Gatwick active (p3d using 3.4 currently)  as soon as I deactivate it from my scenery.cfg the pauses go, I always get a really bad pause at 100kts on 26L at Gatwick

Thanks. I'll see whether the pauses near EGLC disappear if I disable UK2000 Gatwick. I don't know what the performance it like flying into Gatwick is tese days. Not gone there for a while!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

That's strange, Pete. I have lots of AI traffic active at all of my UK airports (using detailed FAIB and other models with high resolution textures), and I do not experience significant pauses like that at London City Xtreme. I have noticed "multiple stutters" near several airports (Liverpool/Doncaster Sheffield/Stansted), and these are always in the same location. I have never been able to work out quite why this is the case, as it does not happen on anywhere near the same scale at much larger airports and denser scenery areas (eg. around London Heathrow)....

Are you using FS Power Project? The effects of that package can have some serious detrimental effects...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hello everyone. Surprisingly Aerosoft and UK2000 release at about the same time Manchester Airport product. If I'm correct they are different developers and not related to each other. I know it is still early but has anyone tried 1 or 2 of these and have comments/recommendations? I'm really interested in this airport.

Just by the pictures I like the way UK2000 looks more, but what I really want is the better performance one.

Thank you,

Hoang Le.

Well Aerosoft and support and quality isn't anymore what it was used to be ;-)

I would go for UK2000 and Gary's stuff...

• Upvote 1

André

Are you using FS Power Project? The effects of that package can have some serious detrimental effects...

Yes, I have the entire electricity pylon and wind farm network installed and active.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, I have the entire electricity pylon and wind farm network installed and active.

I found frames departing from EGGP were down a lot around the airport - it was the effects from Fiddlers Ferry power station by Runcorn.  With effects unchecked in the scenery library, fps went back to normal.  May be a similar cause and effect elsewhere?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Some pics of a 23R departure from the UK2000 Version 2 of EGCC...

fsx%202017-01-18%2003-54-12-79_zpsanxch7

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-08-59-86_zpsqkq4iw

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-10-10-55_zpsrcph4q

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-06-57-36_zpsqibcqr

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-12-02-94_zpsu16ypq

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-16-20-26_zpsxxydrb

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-19-23-74_zpszn9udb

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-19-15-42_zpspmrywx

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-19-52-01_zps6iii8q

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-25-17-63_zpsujrx4g

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-28-12-54_zpsj0bs8t

fsx%202017-01-18%2004-30-18-42_zpsz9bsed

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Why would you even consider the AE version at such a high cost in performance, when you can have this baby!?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I don't have Manchester, but have Sacramento and Nassau. The fps and VAS hits are staggering, so I started doing some snooping around KSMF. Fundamentally, it's the whole methodology of making a scenery project, which goes against 10+ years of common knowledge gained since FSX's release.

I'm curious.  What techniques?

Performance always gets my vote over looks. No matter how good the airport is, if you cannot fly into it then no reason to have it in the first place.

Yeah, I'm a bit rectal about takeoff roll...it needs to be smoooooth.  That gives you a feel for both speed and how to handle the aircraft.  Jerkiness absolutely ruins it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm curious.  What techniques?

I only snooped around KSMF, as the more than 50% fps hit at MYNN leads me to the same conclusion. But...,

all the MDL files are run through Model Converter X (developer's step), yet none have LODs, only the main LOD, so 15mi~ the hit and influence in full. Oversized textures (imo) for inconsequential objects. Do I really need a car in the parking lot taking up 1/3 of a 1,024 texture sheet? Each car calls another texture sheet, though there's plenty of free space on the 1K texture for the 'black' portion.

Stunningly, all the vegetation is singular objects placed individually, as other relevant objects to the airport are. If I can offer a comparison to a different, though larger airport, unnamed but sitting west of Wash D.C.? At Wash D.C. trees are called as approx 25 objects, at Sacto trees and stuff are called as 4,000+ objects. Taxisigns at Wash D.C. are placed as 6 objects, Sacto as 165~. Taxi lights at Wash D.C. are placed as part of the runway layout, at Sacto they are 1,435 objects.

FSX/P3D can display a lot of objects(triangles), but how they are introduced can have a tremendous influence on performance. A somewhat appropriate comparison between techniques can be found with the products from the Ultimate Terrain series. Alaska, released 6+ years ago still chokes my system with it's placing hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of singular objects around Anchorage and Fairbanks. Now the developer has realized that if all those building are consolidated into fewer objects, though with a similar triangle count, FSX/P3D can do it's work more efficiently.

That's why I cringe to think that there is no patch or fix to process for solving KSMF or MYNN and their issues. The projects really need to be redone using a different and more efficient design process. Shame, because I use to utilize KSMF for work purposes, before it became an international airport.

• Upvote 1

I only snooped around KSMF, as the more than 50% fps hit at MYNN leads me to the same conclusion. But...,

I'm not going to quote your whole post but, wow.  Sounds like these sceneries will probably never get fixed.  I have Sacramento but I decided to be cautious after my experience there before buying MYNN.  I was hoping to get MYNN but it may now be years before we get a working airport there.  We don't want to just look at it...we want to fly in and out of it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

One very disillusioned EGCC customer has vented his spleen over on the Aerosoft forum and had his post locked which is the norm. It's going to be make or break time for them with the hotfix planned for EGCC.

Get it right and it could be a success for them. Get it wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if they called it a day.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Folks,

No LOD's - really ???

Well that explains a lot... I haven't built any scenery since FS9 but efficient use of LOD's and minimizing Draw Calls - the two biggest things I've found required to provide good performance from a scenery project...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well Aerosoft and support and quality isn't anymore what it was used to be ;-)

I would go for UK2000 and Gary's stuff...

Thank you, I already made my purchase with Uk2000 and very happy.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5