Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Unknown cause to sudden drop in FPS for DD NYCX with XP11?

I cant seem to get to the root of this issue, but something is causing my sim to break.. i have nice steady 40 fps or better (in VR too) for NYCX with clear weather.. then another time I test things after having installed scenery in custom scenery (i removed my changes and it didnt fix it).. it breaks.. looking at 15-20 fps while aimed at the city, if i aim away from the city the rate shoots up to 40.. i'm at a loss to figure out whats going on here..

Does anyone have any thoughts or maybe has ran into this?

This has happened on all betas to this point at various points.. i usually end up reverting to a cleaner state to fix it.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I think i've been able to narrow this down to the output folder.. maybe preferences unsure.. but i'm closer (i restored a pb3 version of output into the pb6 one and now its smooth again).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I think i found the culprit.. seems that if you set texture quality to maximum, instead of the high setting i was using.. suddenly the frame rate is horrid (after closing and reopening XP)..

So for now i leave it on high.. i'm not sure why this is the case.. it said it was using 6gb of textures.. i have the 1080 ftw hybrid, with 8gb of memory however.

So for now i leave it on high.. i'm not sure why this is the case.. it said it was using 6gb of textures.. i have the 1080 ftw hybrid, with 8gb of memory however.

The texture size is only a very rough indication how much memory you really need! Your descriptions could really indicate that you are running out of VRAM.

I think i found the culprit.. seems that if you set texture quality to maximum, instead of the high setting i was using.. suddenly the frame rate is horrid (after closing and reopening XP)..

do you have texture compression off ? or do you use orthos ?

the difference between extreme and high is small imho