Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XPUIPC not working with beta 6 xp11?

I had XPUIC working just fine with beta 3.. i now upgraded to beta 6.. it seems i cant connect things like Plan-G anymore to XP.. is anyone else running into this issue now?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Using XPUIPC Version 2.0.0.0 64 bit and Plan-G3 (v3.1.3.113) and no problems here.  Are you using the latest versions?

Using XPUIPC Version 2.0.0.0 64 bit and Plan-G3 (v3.1.3.113) and no problems here.  Are you using the latest versions?

Thanks for confirming thats working..  I was just able to connect with a different program.. its plan G that has the issue (suddenly)..

I'm running V3.1.4 (a beta build).. it was fine before.. i may have toggled some setting in the app, ill have to dig deeper and see whats causing it.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

You didn't happen to lose the "connect via xpuipc" button selection? That's a pretty obvious and simple thing....but...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Another thing that I remember: If you are running one of the two apps as administrator then the other one must be run as such as well. Otherwise, they won't connect.

• Upvote 1

Hans

Another thing that I remember: If you are running one of the two apps as administrator then the other one must be run as such as well. Otherwise, they won't connect.

That was the ticket.. thanks.. i must have initially not had one of them running as admin mode.. now that both are its working again.. simple fix :)

i must have initially not had one of them running as admin mode.. now that both are

Why admin mode? Just curious because I can run X-Plane and Plan-G, talking to each other, as normal user without any issues.

Not necessary, just tried it once and found out that they only talk to each other when in the same mode. Both without admin is also fine.

Hans

I've never been able to get XP10 or XP11 to talk to XPWideClient using XPUIPC unless they were on the same machine, which kinda defeats the object! All the FSX equivalents talk laptop to desk top ok but never the XP stuff.

I put an entry on the X-Plane.org Forum nearly a year ago but got virtually no responses, certainly not that were useful. There also seems to be no support for this plugin, last update on the developers website is 2013!

I have trawled the forums but have only just found this thread. I am still none the wiser as to how to get this running properly. I've tried all the usual stuff with shutting down firewalls and opening ports and checking IP addresses but nothing works. I know the machines are networked correctly as FSUIPC/WideClient works a treat, as does any connection using Microsofts Simconnect. Just the XP versions of those utilities that don't work, Such a shame as XP11 seems to promise so much but with the limited connectivity I get I'm likely to remain with FSX/P3D.

Jim

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I've never been able to get XP10 or XP11 to talk to XPWideClient using XPUIPC unless they were on the same machine, which kinda defeats the object! All the FSX equivalents talk laptop to desk top ok but never the XP stuff.

I put an entry on the X-Plane.org Forum nearly a year ago but got virtually no responses, certainly not that were useful. There also seems to be no support for this plugin, last update on the developers website is 2013!

I have trawled the forums but have only just found this thread. I am still none the wiser as to how to get this running properly. I've tried all the usual stuff with shutting down firewalls and opening ports and checking IP addresses but nothing works. I know the machines are networked correctly as FSUIPC/WideClient works a treat, as does any connection using Microsofts Simconnect. Just the XP versions of those utilities that don't work, Such a shame as XP11 seems to promise so much but with the limited connectivity I get I'm likely to remain with FSX/P3D.

Jim

I took the wideclient that came with the XPUIPC and put it on my laptop.. set the local and remote ip.. ran plan-g and i was able to connect from there.. did you also put wideclient on the remote pc?

Jim

Did you set the host computers ip address in the xpuipc.ini file so the client machine can find it, don't see that you've mentioned that. Default I think it's set to localhost or 127.0.0.1, which is localhost. That's why it works locally. Go into the ini file and enter the ip address of the flight sim computer. Just a thought.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Did you set the host computers ip address in the xpuipc.ini file so the client machine can find it, don't see that you've mentioned that. Default I think it's set to localhost or 127.0.0.1, which is localhost. That's why it works locally. Go into the ini file and enter the ip address of the flight sim computer. Just a thought.

For my success, i put the wifi ip address of the client laptop into the ini file.. as well as the XP host ip.  And made sure Plan-G was set correctly in the sim.. success was made as a result.

For my success, i put the wifi ip address of the client laptop into the ini file.. as well as the XP host ip. And made sure Plan-G was set correctly in the sim.. success was made as a result.

As it should, hopefully Jim just has to do the same. ☺️ You should only need the host ip in the xpuipc.ini though, xpwideclient.ini needs both. Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote? One ip in xpuipc.ini, and both ip's in the xpwideclient.ini.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I took the wideclient that came with the XPUIPC and put it on my laptop.. set the local and remote ip.. ran plan-g and i was able to connect from there.. did you also put wideclient on the remote pc?

Yes

Done all that.

As it should, hopefully Jim just has to do the same. ☺️ You should only need the host ip in the xpuipc.ini though, xpwideclient.ini needs both. Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote? One ip in xpuipc.ini, and both ip's in the xpwideclient.ini.

Yep, did all that, still doesn't work.

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs