Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

Probable temporary fix for huge FPS drop

Hey folks,

So I have also experienced situations where my FPS went down from 30 to 20 fps and I thought it has to be AS16 and/or ASCA. And then in the same situation (same airport, time, weather, etc...) I just reloaded the ASCA theme (in my case Full Dynamics). No need to activate another theme first, just activate it again my clicking it. I've done this three times already and my FPS went back up to where it supposed to be.

I just thought it might be worth a try for others who experience this. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Cheers,

Amadeo

I have just AS16 now as I've uninstalled ASCA due to performance issues and guess what, still getting them. AS16 is really terrible performance wise right now.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

I have just AS16 now as I've uninstalled ASCA due to performance issues and guess what, still getting them. AS16 is really terrible performance wise right now.

It is not ASCA that is causing the problem, it is AS16 itself. I have AS16 but use REX clouds and I also get the hugh frame rate drop in overcast clouds ever since the SP1 update. All was good before the update. I know Hifi devs are working on it.

Cheers

Marcus H

It is not ASCA that is causing the problem, it is AS16 itself. I have AS16 but use REX clouds and I also get the hugh frame rate drop in overcast clouds ever since the SP1 update. All was good before the update. I know Hifi devs are working on it.

I am running the same set up as you and having the same issues as you. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Eric 

Same here,  I am getting turned off by AS16  

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

OP: You didn't even state what weather conditions you are in nor your system settings. a blanket statement like that doesn't do anything for troubleshooting your problems. A post with your settings  along with your system specs might garner a bit more help....

It has always been the case in FSX and P3D that you get a performance hit with a lot of clouds or a thunderstorm or max density.What texture res you running on ASCA. The more realistic your weather the greater and greater the hardware requirements become.

My issues are also FPS with the new AS16. I noticed in my case that turning off the Cloud Structures and the Cloud Textures and use REX soft clouds instead has helped my performance. But I agree AS16 and ASCA SP1 really is a FPS problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

After testing around with AS16 and ASCA for a long time i'm pretty sure it is not a problem of AS16 but of some textures or layers which are loaded under certain wx conditions.

Every one of you having some ORBX stuff will also find ORBX weather themes in the default weather setup of P3D. The Theme Nr1 is creating a lot of performance issues but all the others are not!

My Scenario for testing was P3D v3.3 MA EDDF with PMDG NGX, 6% of AI Traffic and no Weather engine running. Textures are modified with the newest version of ENVTEX V1.05.

I loaded all the default weather situations within P3D one by another. With ORBX Theme1 and the standard theme "Fogged in" my frames drop from 35 to around 20. All the other themes have no impact althoug also showing a lot and all kind of clouds.

Weather settings in P3D are all maxed out.

Maybe someone can investigate on those two wx sets, to find out what exactly is influencing the performance that much?

Gruess

Dani

Hi all,

We are investigating all user feedback regarding performance in SP1 and will be addressing them in a later update. We do not have a timetable for hotfix or update releases yet but we will share more information once it is available. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Im also having fos drop and stutters with as16 and sp1

Looking forward to an update.

Cheers

Mike

I just downloaded the new update yesterday, running AS16 with soft clouds, and now getting slow up of FPS, and some  stuttering. I close AS16, open it again immediately with live weather and the FPS come back up. Didn't have this before the latest update to 6239.

I had a  copy of 6197 on a backup drive and went back to that, and FPS seems back to normal. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I'm pleased I am not the only one. I uninstalled AS16 a few weeks ago as it was proving impossible to fly with. After about 10 minutes of starting a flight, with about 5/8 cloud, frames would drop from 28-30 to 8-12! But a stuttering mess. I uninstalled AS16 after doing some tests and since then I have had no problems whatsoever. At the moment it is a worthless product as it cannot be used. I hope the fix comes soon.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As an update, I flew with the trial version of AS16 and experienced all the issues that have been reported. I decided to reinstall my licenced version of ASnext into P3D. I thought things seemed to be OK, but yesterday I created a flight plan from EGGD to EGHA in UK. In the A2A 182 at Bristol, I was at parking with fps of more than 30. It was 8/8 cloud cover, with light to moderate easterly wind. As I taxi to Rwy 9, I saw my frames drop to about 20-22 and it began stuttering. I decided to abort the flight and fly with a weather theme. Before doing so I saved the flight and uninstalled ASN. I then booted the saved flight, so effectively the same conditions but without ASN running and I experienced exactly the same 20-22 fps/performance. I also created an identical flight with 8/8 cloud cover and thunderstorm via a weather theme, and experienced 30+ fps!!  Sooo, it seems that AS was definitely the culprit, but not the actual injection/updating of the weather, as many of us have assumed. Could it be that when AS created the weather, it did so with perhaps, an extremely high cloud density and height, whereas the weather theme that I created only had a relatively thin cloud density?

Could it be, as has been suggested, that somewhere along the line, the issue resides elsewhere. Could it be REX textures? As I understand everyone who reports this issue has REX installed (unless I'm mistaken) Or, maybe Soft Clouds????

I have read, like many of us, dozens of posts regarding this issue, for a very long time and nothing seems to have surfaced in the way of an answer. I am now, very sadly, thinking of ditching AS, as I simply cannot enjoy any kind of flying while this degree of drop in performance is present. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I finally solved the problem along with help from tech support.  They suggested last week after I submitted a ticked about erratic FPS and stutters after updating to 6239, that I totally uninstall AS 16 using Windows control panel and check uninstalling all files ( user data) associated with it like settings. I waited until this weekend to do it, and yesterday uninstalled everything Including AS aconnect 2016. I then downloaded a fresh copy of AS16 from Simarket which already had the latest version and installed it. Had to redo all my settings, and after 3 flights, no stutters and FPS are as they were before doing  the update. I guess something happened when I installed the 6239 patch, causing the problems I was getting. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS