Sign in to follow this  
ibennett

Power On/Off & MSG - Getting it better

Hi,

Not sure if this is the same for everybody but my GNS530 turn on automatically when I turn on the Avionic power.

Could we have the GNS Power button working and be able to turn on and off the GNS530 independently from the Avionics power.

Also is there a way to not have the MSG appear reminding us we are not in a real aircraft. I do not see the point.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

In designing a product like the GNS 530W/430W V2 we're maintaining a balance between usability and realism.

Unlike the legacy GNS which implemented just on/off switch, we wanted the ( C ) knob to control COM volume. Because it is a new product feature most of our customers are not familiar with, we didn't want them to just click once to power on and complain our plugin mutes X-Plane COM radios. Effectively, the first step after OFF is the lowest volume level.

We therefore opted to get the ( C ) knob to reflect the COM volume level when opening a GNS device, and keep it synchronized thereafter, hence, the device starts powered since the knob is not in the OFF position.

Also is there a way to not have the MSG appear reminding us we are not in a real aircraft. I do not see the point.

What does the message tell?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-luc,

I appreciate your explanation for the power button, to bad then. Maybe you could give us the choice in the ini file.

For the message I get after about 30s after the unit is powered up it is:

MSG = "RXP Personal License software for home-use entertainment only no commercial use allowed"

Any posibility we could disable this in the ini file for exemple.

All in all, thank you very much for your answers and product, so good.

Ian Bennett

By the way Jean-luc is a french name, I live in the south of France near Nice. Cheers

Ian, the only way to get rid of this message is to purchase a professional license.

Yes it is french, like Star Trek TNG's Jean-Luc Picard. Since this is winter, I'm wondering if I rather be Canadian in Montreal, or French in Nice right now!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)