Sign in to follow this  
Maverick3006

No audio after a while

Hello, so this happens sometimes both on the 737 NGX REBOOT and on the 777. very short said, i run the FO on my headeast (which works fine) and the rest on the speakers (which works fine). the problem here is that after some time i seem to loose the sound from FS2CREW copleatly. one example which i have had is starght after push and engine start when i command TO flap he does not reply, and thereafter whatever i do he is silent, i can ask him to put a speed in the MCP, he does put it in but never replies. if i try the Audio test i can not hear anything. this happens sometimes both on my 737 reboot and on the 777. although on the 777 i fix it my reseting the audio system, that fixes it. but on the reboot whatever i do i cant get the sound back. i have tryed re-instaling both the FS2crew for the 777 and for the 737 but no luck. this only happens sometimes as i can do some flight without issue. hope that you guys can help me out.

Thanks alot

Your audio headset is disconnecting from your computer, all it takes is a micro second.

Are you using a USB headset?  They tend to be less prone to this.

You can reset the system by toggling the Voice Control interface option On and Off.

Cheers,

hi, yes. i do use a USB headset, but when i tried restarting the system it said BUTTON VERSION LOCKED in red and i could not change back to voice. 

also in the 777 i can simply press the audio system reset and then it workes fine, but in the 737 that does not fix anything. 

thanks for quick reply. any solution how i can make it so that it does not disconnect anymore? and any idea why 737 does not work when i simply reset the audio system? 

thanks

To 'unlock' the interface method in Reboot, RIGHT CLICK line select 1.

And try putting your USB headset into a different port.

And check your power management options for your USB headset.  Make sure it's not going to sleep.

Cheers,

thanks, i will try that out next time i fly with FS2crew and it stops working. 

how do i change the USB power managment? 

and you are sure that the only issue is the headseat disconnecting from micro second? and nothing else looking at my description of what the issue is.

thanks alot for the help

In Windows, search in the control panel for power management options.  I forget the exact name.

The issue is the micro second disconnect with your headset.  That's why I suggest checking power settings.

If using a USB hub, that could also be an issue as well.  And try a different port.

Cheers,

thanks alot, i will try it out in the next days and i will come back here if the problem comes up again.

thanks alot for the help with FS2crew, really appriciate it

Looks right to me!

so, just started a flight and about 20 min into Pre Flight events the sounc cut out again.

this time i tried switching to buttoned and back to voice but that did not solve the issue with "no sound".

could there be any other reason for why the sound is not working as it should. i did all what you said in the post's above.

thank you for the help and quick respons time

i will try moving it to a different port for my next flight. 

maybe this helps: i am using a SOMIC G941 headset

thank you for the help

i have changed the USB port, will try out a flight in the upcomming days.

i will update you here if the issue persists or if it is gone.

sadly enough i dont have another headset :( 

thanks for the help