Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

How to light up cold and dark cockpit

Wow, beautiful... makes me feel unhappy at being stuck at work... :)

Want to get home and fire up something, anything...

Thanks for the beautiful words though :)

A

I was relocated and didn't have my rig with me for about a year. My new work place was an ex FedEx office about 2 kms from one busy runway at my city's airport. Now looking at all that aircraft traffic every day and missing my sim made life very, very difficult, Lol. Can you imagine?

Cheers.

John.

Hi Folks,

Let there be light ?

Regards,

Scott

Scott

I had a look at the FSL  product page and they look quite good.  Have you tried them on the Lear or any other aircraft?

Cheers

Brent

Hi Brent,

I've watched the video a few times - it sure looks promising - but - no - I haven't tried it...

If you're really interested - maybe a post in the general forum asking for feedback might be prudent before purchasing it ???

I'd certainly be interested in feedback if you do get it...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My friend,

I just wanted to check... did you try doing a slight adjustment to your video card Gamma settings?  I'm sure this would be a very fast, complete fix for your situation.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'd certainly be interested in feedback if you do get it...

have been using it for awhile, couple of screen shots.

YlPHLT2.png

k3POXgA.png

bob

Hi Bob,

Very cool - worth $20.00 ?

Can you link them to a keystroke for "on" and "off" ?

Are new planes easy to setup ???

I like the red - like hitting the red dome light - just needs to illuminate more of the panel...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Bob,

Very cool - worth $20.00 ?

Can you link them to a keystroke for "on" and "off" ?

Are new planes easy to setup ???

I like the red - like hitting the red dome light - just needs to illuminate more of the panel...

Regards,

Scott

I think its worth $20,

Re the keystroke, A small icon ( and I mean small) is located bot left of the screen, clicking on that brings up the pop-up. (see post #18 screen video)from that you turn off or on what spot lights you wish.

It takes awhile ( a bit of a learning curve)setting up new configurations in the SpotLights Manager, ( that can also been seen on the screen shot on the post #18 above.

yes the red dome light I like using, that was just a quick set up to get it posted for you. you can edit it to increase it, btw you can use more than one spot light at once.

Ckpd0dJ.png

bob

edit.. its also worth noting its one of these add-ons that needs an update from the Dev when Prepar3D is updated.

I tried it out using the fully functional demo and decided to purchase after playing around with adding lights to the Lear. Despite the nice cockpit lighting that comes with the Lear I always found it difficult to find the switches on the lower panel when getting started at night.  Here's a simple result that I'll try and improve once I learn how to work the tools better.

207norc.jpg

Since I'll be able to use this on any of my aircraft it was definitely worth picking up.  Scott, I believe that FSL have said in their forum they will be adding an ability to bind 'spotlight' on/off to a keystroke in a future version.  You can just make out the small button in the lower left of the screenshot above which brings up a light panel that enables you to turn lights on/off or changing the brightness. 

Cheers

Brent

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback - might have to pick it up at some point...

:)

Regards,

Scott

On 1/18/2017 at 8:16 AM, onebob said:

Re the keystroke, A small icon ( and I mean small) is located bot left of the screen, clicking on that brings up the pop-up. (see post #18 screen video)from that you turn off or on what spot lights you wish.

@onebob Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious if you were able to get this working, without the aircraft having any power? In other words, a full cold and dark start with no external power attached or APU running.

Did the small icon show up as soon as you installed Spotlight, or once you assigned a light to a craft? I am not seeing it for some reason, even though there seems to be lights set up for the A320.

When I turn on a light in the spotlight manager, it just flickers on for a second in the cockpit then shuts off. My theory is because the craft has no power.

LyJf5OS.png

9 hours ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

When I turn on a light in the spotlight manager, it just flickers on for a second in the cockpit then shuts off. My theory is because the craft has no power.

Since this thread has been reopened, I put together the tiny Lua script below for FSUIPC users that will turn on the L35's battery and VC lights at night with a single keyboard key or controller button.  Just copy and paste the code lines below into a file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++, give the file a name ( I used L35Cold&DarkLts.lua ), paste the file into the same folder where you have your FSUIPC.ini file, and then (re)start the sim. When the Lear35 loads use FSUIPC to assign a key or button to activate the file as usual. The file name will appear in the Key or Button assignment drop down list preceded by Lua (with my file name it would be Lua L35Cold&DarkLts). Note file names are limited to 16 characters to the left of the .lua extension.  Also be careful to look for just Lua preceding your file name. You will also see things like LuaClear, LuaKill,etc, you just want Lua before your file name. The green entries below are just comments.

Al

-- L35Cold&DarkLts.lua ,  turns on the Lear battery and cockpit lights for startup at night
ipc.writeLvar("L:BATT1",1)                -- Battery 1 on
ipc.writeLvar("L:XMLSND70",1)        -- switch sound
ipc.writeLvar("L:LTS_PNL",10)          -- instrument lights on
ipc.writeLvar("L:LTS_EL",10)            -- electrical and panel lights on
ipc.writeLvar("L:LTS_FLOOD",10)     -- flood light on

Edited by ark

seeing

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious if you were able to get this working, without the aircraft having any power? In other words, a full cold and dark start with no external power attached or APU running.

Did the small icon show up as soon as you installed Spotlight, or once you assigned a light to a craft? I am not seeing it for some reason, even though there seems to be lights set up for the A320.

I see you got sorted in another thread with an alternative spotlight, from memory I don’t think the fsl spotlight gui worked in p3d v5, I seem to recall it may be some think to do with dx12 

regards Bob