Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

IXEG 737 No AutoBrake XP11

I am not getting any autobrake on landing with the IXEG 737 and XP 11.  I know autobraking was a bug in earlier betas, but I thought it was fixed at beta 3.  I'm using PB6.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I set autobrake to 3, retard throttle and land, but no braking.  

Make sure that you arm the spoilers (check green ARM light). They are a prerequisite to the autobrake working, iirc.

Cheers, Jan

It worked for me in all betas including 6.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks.  Yes, I failed to notice the autobrake wasn't armed.  Egg on my face.  Time to bind a key to autobrake deploy.  

Be careful with the reversers, too. I have noticed if you grab reverse immediately after touchdown (like you would in the real aircraft), the autobrake sometimes silently fails to engage (i.e. no autobrake disarm light). That has caught me off guard a few times, since I can't actually feel the deceleration stop after I stow the reversers.

Be careful with the reversers, too. I have noticed if you grab reverse immediately after touchdown (like you would in the real aircraft), the autobrake sometimes silently fails to engage (i.e. no autobrake disarm light). That has caught me off guard a few times, since I can't actually feel the deceleration stop after I stow the reversers.

Just to make sure we are on one page - if you see NO autobrake disarm light, all is well, the autobrake is working. Its only WHEN you see the autobrake disarm light that the autobrake isn´t working.

What is applied after touchdown for a Boeing 777 in X-Plane 11 sim?

From fs9, FSX and P3Dv4 I apply Throttle Decrease Quickly and at 80 knots I apply Throttle Cut. (keyboard F2 and F1)

Patricio Valdes