Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

Reinstalling ORBX with FSS installers

I am reinstalling all of my ORBX scenery into P3Dv2.5 and using the FSS Installers because I have already downloaded them and some folks are really having problems downloading from ORBXdirect after transferring their license. Since its a one way street transferring your license and no going back to the FSS installers once you transfer I did not want to risk it.

I have already posted the same questions on the ORBX website but being it is the weekend I do not expect an answer until next week. I'd like to get this stuff installed today. I am hoping to get some advice from the ORBX experts at Avsim

Main question: Where are the installation instructions for ORBX products? The installers do not come with any and I have not found any on the ORBX website.

I am still on Central v2. When installing the regions should FTX Central be set to Global or North America or does it matter?

Same question  for installing Vector, NA Landclass, and the libraries. Does it matter how FTX Central is set?

My thought is to install all everything except the airports before installing the libraries and then do that unification/migration thing. Without any written documentation I feel like I'm flying in the fog without instruments so would appreciate any guidance from those who have been through this.

My plan is to install everything I have, which is 86 products including airports, then upgrade to FTC Central 3, and then transfer my license to ORBX direct and get any patches.

Thanks,

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4