Sign in to follow this  
wiler

ixeg 737 takeoff runway lengths.... KSNA takeoff didnt go well!

what n1 did you have in this condition, I find w 91.8N1 which the fmc is giving me , acceleration is just not fast enough even with my reduced weight. I rotate inside the pre threshold yellow lines of the runway.

...and I just tried myself in XP11.

At 60.000kg TOW with no wind and a flaps 15 takeoff (V1 138, V2 145) at runway 20R I lifted off JUST past Echo taxiway. V1 was attained just past the PAPI installation for runway 02L - so with about 900 feet of runway left.

This is certainly not enough runway left to reject the takeoff, but taking off is possible. I would guess that the regular MTOW of 56.700 kg or 124.750 lbs is just about legal on a regular day.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I am using standard conditions - +15C, No wind - the takeoff N1 is 90.5% for these conditions. The only thing I could think of that is slowing you would be brakes that aren´t released fully (maybe badly calibrated pedals?).

Jan

i think you might be onto something... i just tried this in xp10 took off with plenty of runway left. i need to check the brake setup in xp11, it does act a little erratic.

I am using standard conditions - +15C, No wind - the takeoff N1 is 90.5% for these conditions. The only thing I could think of that is slowing you would be brakes that aren´t released fully (maybe badly calibrated pedals?).

Jan

i think you might be onto something... i just tried this in xp10 took off with plenty of runway left. i need to check the brake setup in xp11, it does act a little erratic.

Put out the brake values to screen -> go to Settings, then Data Output, click the appropriate value (don´t remember right now), leftmost checkbox to output to screen.

ill try that out, im still learning xp, came over from fsx/p3d (20 years) 3 months ago so some things are foreign to me. the brake system in xp is a bit different then fsx/p3d.  

Put out the brake values to screen -> go to Settings, then Data Output, click the appropriate value (don´t remember right now), leftmost checkbox to output to screen.

ill try that out, im still learning xp, came over from fsx/p3d (20 years) 3 months ago so some things are foreign to me. the brake system in xp is a bit different then fsx/p3d.  

Same with me - straight from PMDG to IXEG. So yes there is learning curve 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Same with me - straight from PMDG to IXEG. So yes there is learning curve 

Welcome!

Just a suggestion: If you have any questions about our 737 in the future, I welcome you to put it out in our dedicated support forum - I monitor and reply there frequently :-)

Welcome!

Just a suggestion: If you have any questions about our 737 in the future, I welcome you to put it out in our dedicated support forum - I monitor and reply there frequently :-)

Thanks I already did  in IXEG forum as "sdflyer"

P.S. The only I wish I have right now in XP11 is a guy who can chock 737. I can wait for the rest upon XP11 release :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Perhaps we can convince Austin to add a chock dataref that freezes the aircraft in place while work is being done on the tire model. I am sure many add-ons could benefit :)

• Upvote 3

For what it's worth, I've seen plenty of flaps 25 takeoffs from SNA, particularly because on top of the short runway and hot summers, you have a very strict noise abatement program. No derate, packs off, etc. Additionally, don't forget about standard short field take-off procedures, such as spooling up the thrust while holding the brakes instead of throughout the take-off roll.

just tried again. brakes were showing 0.00 in the data output , still aircraft is accelerating so slow.. 91% N1 and i hit about 120 knots at the end of runway with vr @ 125 knots @ 15 flaps.  argh im sure its my setup  and not the aircraft...

just tried again. brakes were showing 0.00 in the data output , still aircraft is accelerating so slow.. 91% N1 and i hit about 120 knots at the end of runway with vr @ 125 knots @ 15 flaps.  argh im sure its my setup  and not the aircraft...

If you're able to: a short video or screenshots of your cockpit/panels are often helpful. We may be able to spot something..