Sign in to follow this  

Aerofly FS 2 has two drawbacks

Welcome to the club.. I just downloaded this thing yesterday... 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

AFS2 is the future of sims I believe, and it's just going to get better and better, I was skeptical at first as well, but the devs seem to know what they are doing here.

Smoothness is its asset but otherwise I have a hard time understanding the enthusiasm, and this is my second attempt at liking it. To me, it's a lot like XP with low res textures, SMP clouds and no autogen. 

Before I get flamed, yes, it's alpha/early access. Still not impressed. But this time I rather bought it for the sake of supporting the dev. It certainly has potential though. Maybe I should try the Switzerland DLC, knowing this part of the world quite well it might help my judgment. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

If you don't like it, you don't like it. Honestly, I can't imagine that there'll ever be a sim that gets universal praise, and certainly not Aerofly. Not at this point.

I think realistically we have to give it some time, even though I suspect things might progress a lot faster than we've become accustomed to.

After a decade of FSX holding the crown, for me there's a sense in the air; an opportunity in the market that's drawing several companies to make moves, and that includes Orbx. It's like after a long, slow sleep, flight simming seems to be searching for a new future, and I'm pretty eager to see what happens.

Right now, Aerofly is laying down the foundations of a possible new ecosystem and....... *shrugs* let's see!

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Smoothness is its asset but otherwise I have a hard time understanding the enthusiasm, and this is my second attempt at liking it. To me, it's a lot like XP with low res textures, SMP clouds and no autogen. 

Before I get flamed, yes, it's alpha/early access. Still not impressed. But this time I rather bought it for the sake of supporting the dev. It certainly has potential though. Maybe I should try the Switzerland DLC, knowing this part of the world quite well it might help my judgment. 

Been there. :wink: What made me enthusiastic (after quite some time, I have to add...!) was the smoothness, how quick you can start it, load it, fly it, how quick you can change settings, change plane, location, the automatic save of everything, the very good looking cockpits, the easy and convenient planner, how real things look at higher altitudes thanks to the photoreal, the great lighting and shadows, well, things like that. After a while the other sims just didn't appeal to me anymore. (XP11 might but then I'd have to create photoreal myself and live with low performance.) Of course a LOT is still lacking but I am a rather casual simmer who likes to relax for an hour or so and for that purpose AFS2 is great. For now. I am also curious how good the upcoming Dash 4 will be. And I can't wait for Orbx regions but that will take a year at least, I think.

But anyway, I can FULLY understand people not liking AFS2 as it is. There are a lot of reasons to not like it. But for me there also are enough reasons to like it.  :wink:

You can indeed do nice things in Aerofly FS2. Hope the development gains momentum, would love to see more objects and night lights.

desktop01.19.2017-11.zzs9s.png

• Upvote 1

Hans

I am hoping for night lighting along with custom sky textures.  Am also looking forward to more detailed 3rd party aircraft and airports in the future.  Do not use Aerofly FS2 much currently as I find myself getting bored with it. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I am hoping for night lighting along with custom sky textures.  Am also looking forward to more detailed 3rd party aircraft and airports in the future.  Do not use Aerofly FS2 much currently as I find myself getting bored with it. 

I've thought it for years, Flight sims are kind of like cab driving: You go here, you go there, rinse and repeat.

Eventually without other things, planes, scenery, more and more details, the inherent boredom of the basic task underlying the whole endeavour starts to set in.

Right now, Aerofly is too young to have an entire ecosystem of distractions to hide the repetition.

But I think good things do come to those who wait.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I agree, will have to see what happens in the future.  Am curious how the sim will perform when more detailed 3rd party aircraft and airports are used.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

FS 2 runs like no other simulator, and hypotetical suggestions about loosing frame rate at this stage is so silly. Of course any simulator can be overloaded.. Please enjoy the flight. The realism is beyond belief. And please be patient.  Put things into the perspective a little Put things into perspective and look at this video if you wish  https://vimeo.com/198469754

maybe you will appreciate AeroflyFS 2 as it is'

Well, I always appreciate your videos, Miro.  :good:

By the way, I also keep careful track of Outerra, and a new glider FDM was just released for testing today by a modder named Simon who has been working very hard on it. The FDM models spins very well, and when it's publicly available, I'll be sure to link it!

Devons rig

And I appreciate your comment very much,

Has anyone really explored all the airports and scenery just in Western USA. Its a beauty beyond belief , And if you are as crazy as me you crawl into your simulator and fly just like this.

( I am too old I had a hard time crawling into the cockpit ) https://vimeo.com/182346339

Yup, saw that a while ago, and liked that too! I keep track of you on Vimeo, but was happy to see you've started posting on YouTube as well.

Devons rig

FS 2 runs like no other simulator, and hypotetical suggestions about loosing frame rate at this stage is so silly. Of course any simulator can be overloaded.. Please enjoy the flight. The realism is beyond belief. And please be patient.  Put things into the perspective a little Put things into perspective and look at this video if you wish  https://vimeo.com/198469754

New York is Aerofly FS 2 but what comes after that? Is that Outerra?