Sign in to follow this  
tweedy

Can you please help

Hi Gents, I have just reinstalled fsx which installed perfectly. I have also installed queen of the skys by PMDG,& am now trying to reinstall my VFR real scenery. I have installed sp1 & sp2. 

The setup gets as far as the setup page where it asks me if i want to install, exit, or install service pack 1. I then select install as i have sp1 already installed, it then asks me what languge i want, after that the install shield page comes up it starts the install shield then nothing happens, & wont go any further. I have tried removing sp2 but that didnt sort the problem. I am now confused what to do next. It did install on a previous fsx version which ran very well for a year or two, but i found fsx was playing up so i have reinstalled everything.

Can you please help & tell me why it wont go pass the installation stage.I am running windows 10 home addition.

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps try installing the add-ons (PMDG and VFR scenery) AFTER installing FSX sp1 & sp2?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I believe he is trying to install the VFR scenery (whatever that is) at this point... correct?

Bert

I think there are two SP1s happening here.

He is trying to install VFR Real Scenery, and it has the option for install, exit, or install service pack 1. My guess is that he needs to run "Install" first to get the VFR Real stuff installed, and then he needs to re-run the installer and pick install service pack 1. 

The other SP1 is FSX, which is installed, and should remain installed. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Try running in compatibility mode, right-click on the Scenery installer exe, choose Properties, check on Run program in Compatibility mode for Win7 or Vista. Probably isn't that. Try Running as Admin if it doesn't elevate privileges when you start it. Another thing to try, right-click on the FSX program folder, choose Properties, Security, press Edit, choose Users Group, check Modify, OK, OK. Now try installing Scenery.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Guys, I have recently been in contact with Just Flight, VFR Real scenery,who are the manufactures. & this is what they told me.  Microsoft have blocked certain types of DRM in Windows 10. This has caused a large number of older games to stop working and blocked the use of certain types of protected disks.

None of our disk product will install in Windows 10.

Many people who upgraded for free have already rolled back to their previous Windows because of this and other problems. Those who have a new machine with Windows 10 already installed don't have this option.

You should complain to Microsoft. If enough people do then maybe they will change their mind about this issue.

There is a possible workaround that will allow safedisc disks to work on some Windows 10 systems. 

For it to work you must have a system that doesn't have SecureBoot enabled or that will let you disable the SecureBoot feature in the BIOS

The zip below contains tools and instructions for setting up your system temporarily to allow Safe disc discs to be successfully validated. Although it describes the actions for a particular product the same method applies to any safe disc disk.

This is definitely "at your own risk" and should only be tried if you are comfortable working with the command line interface on your system. Attached is a link to a download.

Attached is a link to a download.

Ah, the missing link!  Must keep searching for it! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: