Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Problem with Pro ATC X

When I set up a flight from Manchester (EGCC) in FSX-SE, I have to start Pro ATC X talking to me by contacting Clearance on 121.750, but the ATC window has Manchester Clearance on 121.700, so if I tune 121.750 I don't get the option to contact Clearance in the ATC window, this means I basically can't start Pro ATC X control for the flight.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe since it gets all scenery info including frequencies when running makerunways, is it possible it needs to be re-run after installing an EGCC scenery?

after  each scenery or  airports  you need  to run the   makeways  exe 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Cheers for the replies, already tried that one though, made no difference to the freqs.

Alan Bradbury

UK 2000 V2 add on. I can work around the issue, but it's still a PITA.

Alan Bradbury

You CAN change the frequency in Airport Design Editor if you are familiar with it. But I'd strongly suggest making a backup copy of your original ADEX file in your addon.

UK 2000 V2 add on. I can work around the issue, but it's still a PITA.

If you check the options "Contact controllers and confirm instructions" and "Serve COM radio" in Options/In-Flight....Copilot Support, you will not need to worry about frequencies as ProATC will change them automatically. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Already dong that, but it's still a bit kak that I'm forced into using that option with a product that costs fifty quid. :-)

Alan Bradbury

The real-life EGCC Clearance frequency is 121.70.  To eliminate confusion, can you tell us exactly what is prompting you to tune 121.75?

Guest JustanotherPilot

You can edit the frequency within ProatcX options, also if the flight doesn't meet criteria, clearance will not be given ie runway length not suitable for aircraft at airport...all can be edited in ProtcX...the best option for help is their forums, help/support is always given

The real-life EGCC Clearance frequency is 121.70.  To eliminate confusion, can you tell us exactly what is prompting you to tune 121.75?

Pro Atc x on initial load asks you to contact clearance on 121.75, which as far as I'm aware is incorrect and it should be 121.70, so unless I use the auto menu option to have the Pro Atc x co-pilot make contact and read back, then I can't contact Clearance because when I tune the radio myself manually to that frequency, Pro Atc x screws up. I have tried editing the frequency in Pro Atc x, but it still asks me to contact 121.75 upon loading into FSx.

Alan Bradbury

Guest JustanotherPilot

Pro Atc x on initial load asks you to contact clearance on 121.75, which as far as I'm aware is incorrect and it should be 121.70, so unless I use the auto menu option to have the Pro Atc x co-pilot make contact and read back, then I can't contact Clearance because when I tune the radio myself manually to that frequency, Pro Atc x screws up. I have tried editing the frequency in Pro Atc x, but it still asks me to contact 121.75 upon loading into FSx.

Just a thought  - but have you aligned your scenery and airac in ProatcX and run the runways.exe to realign your sceneries. I make a point of doing this once a week just to make sure everything is in sync with ProatcX

What airplane are you using and does its radios use standby frequencies?

I found that I fly with ProatcX, if the airplane is not equipped with standby frequencies (such as the CS 727) it often will never connect to the required clearance frequency even if I manually dial it, or even if I have the co-pilot "always serve the comm radios".

I finally solved it by using FSUIPC to map a key to the function "swap radio frequencies".  When I hit that key then the frequencies magically work.

I don't have a problem with any airplane that uses comm radios that have standby frequencies.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

The problem occured on various 737s, including PMDG and iFly, so it's not aircraft specific, and of course both those have standby and active frequency selectors on both sides of the pedestal.

Alan Bradbury