Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Need default lclookup.bgl

Folks,

Where I may find default lclookup.bgl file? Recent ORBX Libs patch literally wiped out my newest P3D install with UTX for which I killed almost the entire weekend. If I merely download "Scenery" component of P3D, will it fix my problem?

Just a word of warning for all with ANY Orbx products. Objectflow.dll works with Librbaries and even if you own their HD Trees it will mess up with your terrain.cfg and your lclookup.bgl file without providing you with the  backup files.

Extremely unethical!!!

Thanks for your help!

Folks,

Let me modify the question? What P3D component should I run (Client, Content or Scenery) in order to restore default lclookup.bgl and autogen entries?

Yep, it's a horrible system. Many addons will alter default files. Backups are futile as you might have other addons installed that might make changes too, so fixing one thing will break another. 

I surely hope Prepar3D v4 will address this issue and make changes to default files impossible, but instead open up for external config files to be read by P3D.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Worse thing is that even if you purchased tiny HD Trees, you'll get landclass corrupted all over the sim via ObjectsFlow/FT Central, because guess what.... ORBX wants you to have FTX Global and FT Vector purchased to correct these LC and textures' abnormalities.

Folks,

Another question - P3D installer now has "Repair" function. If I use it instead of deinstalling/re-installing separate components, will it wipe out add-ones from the P3D main directory OR merely replace the files that were modified?

Thanks again

Well, I've got 30+ ORBX addons installed and have absolutely zero problems...

Let me modify the question? What P3D component should I run (Client, Content or Scenery) in order to restore default lclookup.bgl and autogen entries?

Hello

Just has a peep there, Your Default lclookup.bgl file is located here Prepar3D v3 \ Scenery \  BASE \ Scenery

To get this Default file back,  Delete the Scenery folder,  Right Click on Install_Scenery.msi Click Repair

===================

To get a Default Autogen folder back,  Delete your Autogen folder,  Right Click on Install_Content.msi Click Repair  

Another question - P3D installer now has "Repair" function. If I use it instead of deinstalling/re-installing separate components, will it wipe out add-ones from the P3D main directory OR merely replace the files that were modified?

No,  It wont wipe them out,  But as you say it will bring all Default files that have been Modified back to Default again 

Regarding Orbx  http://www.avsim.com/topic/501014-ftx-central-and-p3d-updates/?p=3545101

If you run a Repair on the Setup.exe this will Repair all 17 Default Prepar3D folders back to Default again. 

Below is the 3 Component Installers and what folders they Install\Repair 

Install_ Client.msi        Licences, propdefs, Scaleform, ShadersHLSL, trinton

Install_ Content.msi    redist, SimObjects, Weather, Scenarios, Ecosystem, Fonts, Autogen, Effects, gauges, Sound, Texture

Install_ Scenery.msi    Scenery

Just got word from Adam Breed of LM and he states that addons should not need to alter default files at in Prepar3D v3. 

If developers create a P3D "add-on package" there is no need to alter default files. 

To quote the P3D manual:

Overview
Add-on Packages are the recommended way of distributing add-ons because the package provides a centralized list of all of the Add-on Components necessary to load the Add-on. 

Creating an Add-on Package
After an add-on has been developed, an Add-on Package file should be created to specify which add-on components Prepar3D should load when processing the add-on. This file must be called: 

add-on.xml 

The file should be placed at the root level directory of the developed add-on. The root level of the add-on is typically the folder of the add-on's Product Name. The Instructions for Developers article outlines this and where to place the add-on.xml file. 

Inside this package file is both information about the Add-on Package as well as a list of Add-on Components. Each Add-on Component specifies the category of the component, the path to where its located, and other information. 

No,  It wont wipe them out,  But as you say it will bring all Default files that have been Modified back to Default again 

Elaine,

You are the best. Thank you very much!

Just got word from Adam Breed of LM and he states that addons should not need to alter default files at in Prepar3D v3. 

Exactly,

This is what UTX/GEP3D does. Modifying *cfg files that essentially text paste-copy stuff is OK. Messing up with default landclass *bgl especially when this action destroys the functionality of other add-ones, such as UTX, isn't a good idea at all