Sign in to follow this  
vector

When you just want to chill out!

OK, everyone, don't shoot me down in flames because this isn't FS9 but ... take a look at this:

www.marinetraffic.com

Just think of all those ships when you're next traversing the oceans, and their relaxing lifestyle!!

Dijvid

• Upvote 2

Funny thing is, I have a dump with all the locations, and converted them to scenery.

It was awesome.

Problem was I have no idea how to figure out (automated) what is land and what is water, since a lot of the

ships were to close to the coast and placed on land by FS.

If you have an idea, then I can recompile them

Haha, when I was waiting for my new car to come from Dresden I used that site to track my ship to it's port in the States...  It is not quite as fast paced as flightradar but great if you have something on a ship!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Haha, when I was waiting for my new car to come from Dresden I used that site to track my ship to it's port in the States...  It is not quite as fast paced as flightradar but great if you have something on a ship!!

What?!  You didn't get it air freighted??!!!!

Dijvid

What?!  You didn't get it air freighted??!!!!

Dijvid

Haha, it wasn't an option from the dealership!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Well, I guess you sure wanted that car if you had to get it all the way from Dresden.  Now was it a BMW or a Merc, I wonder??

Dijvid

my new car to come from Dresden

Oh, from Dresden? My home town? It must have been a VW Phaeton then!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Kinda cool!  Wish I had that link when I ordered my car from Germany...  They kept telling me "it's on the boat!" I would have said, "yeah, which one of these dots is it on?" :Shame On You:  

I wish there were more high quality ship scenery objects that could be placed using Instant Scenery or something similar. Whoever did the EZ CVN carrier or Mark's Frigates set the bar for what can be done with seemingly no FPS impact. I have enhanced a number of sceneries with water objects of various kinds and they really add to the realism factor, even though they are static. I've had less success with AI ships but John Young's amazing Ark Royal Task Force scenery shows what can be done. My only really successful attempt was a Yankee Station one I did to add an entire task force to the Alphasim/Virtavia CVN65 Enterprise in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Vietnam War. Because it can handle AI aircraft, it has made for a really intersting scenery location. But for some reason, when I've tried to do something similar elsewhere the AI ships never seem to show up... :unknw:

That's a lot of boats.

Jim

CYWG

Oh, from Dresden? My home town? It must have been a VW Phaeton then!

Porsche :)  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk