Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

is TrackIR old school in 2017 ?

TIR also for most flight. Especially useful for VFR flight to do pattern work.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

as someone thats used oculus rift. i am gonna give my honest opinion. yes vr is amazing, but it's simply not ready software wise or hardware wise for our flight sims. i would say there is nothing old school about track ir at all.i sold my oculus rift because i bought it thinking i was only gonna own it for flight simming. if you are buying vr just for flight simming, you will be disappointed. our hardware just isn't there yet.i plan on buying a track ir, i was so used to moving my head around that i feel like i need track ir.

It's a faulty question - TrackIR (and its knock-offs) solve a problem that there is currently no other satisfactory solution to.

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

There was some additional plug-in I found for it that disables it automatically whenever I am outside the aircraft and kicks back in when inside the cockpit. Nice find and it still works in P3D.

Can you tell us what that plugin is please?!? Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

When someone does a survey that shows 9 out of  10 VR users commit mass shootings and TIR users committed none...Then we'll see... :wink:

Very funny Ron!

How do I avoid knocking my cup of tea over when wearing VR goggles? Eating a packet of potato crisps at the time was a disaster...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

TrackIR = FA-18... VR = F35

through a screen door at half horizontal resolution…

… When the VR resolution becomes 1920 x 1080 ×2, I will instantly release the funds that I put aside from the sale of my OR present from Palmer Lucky for being an OR plank-owner, and purchase one...giggling like a kid with his first train set.

Regards to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Would literally give this hobby up if my TrackIR broke and they no longer made them.   Totally 100% essential for simming for me.  Haven't flown once in around 10 years without TrackIR.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Would literally give this hobby up if my TrackIR broke and they no longer made them.   Totally 100% essential for simming for me.  Haven't flown once in around 10 years without TrackIR.

Yep. My sentiments exactly.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Very funny Ron!

How do I avoid knocking my cup of tea over when wearing VR goggles? Eating a packet of potato crisps at the time was a disaster...

Hah, Steve you should stick to eating a bag of virtual potato chips.

michael

there is a majority recommendation above for you (given you mention PFD/ND) ... enjoy.

you'll forgive bobsk8's views on "tree hoppers" ..........

for now, cheers

john martin

Hah, Steve you should stick to eating a bag of virtual potato chips.

Noodles are really bad.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Kevin,

I was afraid someone was gonna ask that, ha! :smile:

So it looks like a little app I got back in 2007 called JAB_FSX, named after the developer Jacky Brouze.  Looks like more of a little "toolbox" with a few apps and TRACKIR is one of them.

http://jacky.brouze.ch/Programmes/JAB_FSX/index.php

The website is French so you can open with Chrome and use the translation to English option if you need to. 

Free d/l... nice little app.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit