Sign in to follow this  
Gabster

setting alt, hdg and speed with hardware

Hey there,

I am very new to the hardware stuff and need some orientation. I am using my saitek x52 for flying (P3D) and thats fine for me. Now I am looking for a way to set ALT, HDG & Speed in my Aerosoft A320 with keys/knobs.

1. is there cheap hardware like a panel with 3 rotary knobs that can handle this via usb?
2. Can it be assigned to any button on my Saitek in a way that holding the button longer would speed up the amount of change?
3. I have a scroll wheel on my keyboard on the left side. Would it be possible with any software to assign like [A]+scroll = ALT change, +scroll=Sped change, [D]+scroll=Heading change? (guess the keys would have to fake the mouse hover effect in the VC so the scroll can be used...)

Thanks for any Idea!

Gabriel

this one is not too expensive. Not dirt cheap mind, but it does a lot.

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/shop/step1.php?number=7&b_code=B20111116043722

or if you can solder, you can DIY it for not much money..

http://www.desktopaviator.com/index.htm

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Although it doesn't have physical switches, a much cheaper option, if you have an iPad, is to use the Remote Flight Radio HD app - https://remoteflight.net/remote-flight-radio-hd. It's not just a radio stack but also includes an autopilot and basic transponder. Very easy to use and highly recommended.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

thanks so far...I would prefere solutions for setting it with the hardware I already have.

2. Can it be assigned to any button on my Saitek in a way that holding the button longer would speed up the amount of change?
3. I have a scroll wheel on my keyboard on the left side. Would it be possible with any software to assign like [A]+scroll = ALT change, +scroll=Sped change, [D]+scroll=Heading change? (guess the keys would have to fake the mouse hover effect in the VC so the scroll can be used...)