Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Windows 10's Game Mode feedback with Prepar3D

Any Windows Insider members to share their first feedback on the upcoming Windows 10's Game mode with our favorite sim ?

gamemode-1.jpg

I know it's early and partially implemented in Windows 10 Build 15007 and reserved to Windows Insider, but any feedback are welcome.

Want to know more of the Windows 10's Game Mode ? For e.g : https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10s-game-mode-shows-latest-insider-preview-release/

Want to know more of the Windows 10 Insider Preview ? : https://insider.windows.com/

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I might give it a try with P3D tonight, even though i dont expect any miracles in regards to P3D performance. 

I'm wondering if its more than just giving a game's process higher priority. There's not much information available as of now, only thing i know is that its also supposed to work with non-UWP games. 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Game optimization, I was one of the more impetuous investors in Process Lasso and I wonder if anybody can demonstrably prove that PR was a good P3D investment… I have not, to my own satisfaction, been able to do so; my initial placebo effect driven review notwithstanding

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have been using Process Lasso manually to put P3D in higher CPU and memory priorities, and to take away CPU 0  and 1 from other programs so P3D can run it's thread management with plenty of room.  Placebo?  

I'm wondering if Windows game mode might have something to do with Windows legacy of very poor fiber management.  They promised all kinds of changes with Windows 10 that did not materialize.  The "game mode" market label is just a way to bring attention to the fact they may have finally fixed it.  I keep dreaming.

Why not just use Razer Booster?

Why run another external app when W10 has game mode built in

• Upvote 3

Or, game mode might be implementing directx 12 capabilities in previous directx versions ... which I'd heard about from a good source.

Why run another external app when W10 has game mode built in

The answer is simple,  Windows is managing.  if you think Windows will disable all their process for you think again.  

• Upvote 1

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Speaking of Game optimization, I was one of the more impetuous investors in Process Lasso and I wonder if anybody can demonstrably prove that PR was a good P3D investment… I have not, to my own satisfaction, been able to do so; my initial placebo effect driven review notwithstanding

Chas

I removed it a while back and just use Process Explorer which has a lot of PL functionality but free.

Mark

i have the windows insider preview installed as well. the developers i think are getting a little upset, everytime a build comes out, it triggers all my x-plane activations. it's hit and miss with fsx-se activations

I tried the 15007 preview last night but was having issues with other games. Anytime I was in a game and clicked my mouse it would kick me back to the desktop where I would have to Alt-Tab back to the game but as soon as I would click the mouse( First person shooter) it would kick me back to the desktop again.

The answer is simple, Windows is managing. if you think Windows will disable all their process for you think again.

Why do you feel you need to disable windows processes when the majority of them (that are not absolutely needed for windows to function) are idle anyway unless called.

Or is it that you feel there is not enough spare cycles amongst your 8 cores for them to run on that they drag down your performance, come on get real.