Sign in to follow this  
cnc3

Unable to continue climb

I think I must be doing something wrong but cannot see what it is.

When I am flying the 777-300ER, I can climb to about FL240 and then I cannot climb any higher due to lack of speed. I want to climb to FL320 or so.

Details: CYYZ to CYVR (ACA137), take off with derate 1, 48,516 kgs of fuel, ~280 passengers, winds at FL240 are almost on the nose @ 90.

Is it the derate? The headwinds? Something else?

Suggestions welcomed.

David Haynes

Cheers!

David Haynes

Something else?

Do you remember what the OAT/TAT was? Sometimes the weather engines can send incorrect data to FSX/P3D. A higher than normal temperature will cause the engine thrust to decrease. Using the MD-11 I have encounter OATs of +22C. At such a extremely high temperature the plane would neither maintain speed nor altitude.

Maybe that's why I don't currently have at step limb to FL350 or above with 7 hours to go down to YSSY

Alaister Kay

Do you remember what the OAT/TAT was?

I flew the route again yesterday. TAT was -5C @ FL180. Some more data: Engines were 94.7 N1 and 647 N2 @ FL180. Between FL100 and FL180, I had to manually force the climb and speed dropped to 268 knots for 500 feet/minute. Above FL180, I could not get above .674 mach even in level flight. It's like someone tied an anchor to my tail!

Also I am seeing a lot of porpoising - climb at 500 to 600 feet/minute, lose speed, drop to level, pick up speed, climb again.

If anyone wants to try the departure, it's the AVSEP2/LITMO out of CYYZ. I have FlyTampa's Toronto installed and am using AS2016.

Cheers!

David Haynes

Hey David

I've tried the departure both manually no auto pilot with the Mcp autopilot and vnav and knack control via fmc and all worked perfectly

Stewart Cumbers

Hey David

I've tried the departure both manually no auto pilot with the Mcp autopilot and vnav and knack control via fmc and all worked perfectly

Rats! I was afraid of that. Must be something in my setup.

Thanks

Cheers!

David Haynes

Rats! I was afraid of that. Must be something in my setup.

Thanks

Which cost index do you use?

Which cost index do you use?

I just ran it without AS2016 and it still does not like to climb above FL100 with AP and VNAV.

Cheers!

David Haynes

FSUIPC control assignments going flaky with flaps has been known to cause this.  Move the FSUIPC.ini to your desktop for temporary storage and it will build a new one.  Test.  This rules out FSUIPC if problem continues.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just ran it without AS2016 and it still does not like to climb above FL100 with AP and VNAV.

What do you use to load the aircraft?

I remember fsinn used to cause similar problems if the weather module in fsinn was enabled. It would increase the oat instead of decreasing it with altitude. Since the oat was m5 that dlesnt seem to be the problem here. Could be corruption and a reinstall is in order. Any antivirus å enabled during initial install?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

What do you use to load the aircraft?

The Payload and Fuel options on the FMC.

Cheers!

David Haynes

The Payload and Fuel options on the FMC.

Make sure u distribute the load correctly to proper CG

Make sure u distribute the load correctly to proper CG

That is automatically done with properly using the FMC to load the aircraft.  If an out of CG range does occur, it will be immediately recognizable by the CG value turning RED or REVERSE video.  OP didn't mention if he tried the FSUIPC suggestion.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try what was suggested in post #9 by Dan Downs. I believe that will isolate your problem to FSUIPC control assignments.