Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

VAS what VAS? in 3.4!

After a year out, I did a freash install of everything. So after reading all the doom and gloom over 3.4 I will I liitle bothered how it would go.

Well

PMDG NG

AS Dubin

FT EHAM

AS16- AS Cloud art with REX Clouds=soft clouds

New caseplane(1.5) (love it)

FTX Global and vector.

EIDW to EHAM, landed and at gate 1.1GB VAS left

Return flight 1.3GB left.

So I must be lucky! or doing completely fresh install did the job?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You need to mention what options in Vector you have activated. There is 600Mb VAS difference between 100% OFF and 100% ON :-) 

• Upvote 1

As Rob's guild as he use's same as i did.

It was 400 is it now 600?

BTW i had no AI at all but i will now change that with all that VAS free.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

could you tell what a/c you used , please? I'm still on 3.2 and i'm really afraid of 3.4 :) :) I understand that we won't have a choice after FSL A320 is released so i'm really trying to research this 3.4 as much as possible before updating :)

Hi David, I was just at EHAM too and saw no VAS problems. Even so some scenery may cause issues since there's some changes under the hood that may not suit them. In order to progress with P3D there's going to be some upset.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've just recently built a new 7700k system

I used Rob's "medium high end" settings is his Prepar3D guide.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/494633-prepar3d-guide/

I'm using Pilots Global Ultimate, Orbx Global, Vector, LC, PNW and the rest of the west coast.

Everything is looking and running awesomely. 

What I'm experiencing and I haven't had a chance to experiment yet is that at low altitude flights, things are just fine. But at high altitude flights I'm running into VAS issues within about 20 minutes of flight.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

could you tell what a/c you used , please? I'm still on 3.2 and i'm really afraid of 3.4 :) :) I understand that we won't have a choice after FSL A320 is released so i'm really trying to research this 3.4 as much as possible before updating :)

PMDG NG 

Hi David, I was just at EHAM too and saw no VAS problems. Even so some scenery may cause issues since there's some changes under the hood that may not suit them. In order to progress with P3D there's going to be some upset.

Hi Steve good to see your still around :) the only "tweak" I am using is you 116AM ;) I was amazed at the amount of VAS left after reading these forums and 3.4. EHAM is very sweet.

PMDG NG 

Hi Steve good to see your still around :) the only "tweak" I am using is you 116AM ;) I was amazed at the amount of VAS left after reading these forums and 3.4. EHAM is very sweet.

I thought I read here somewhere that LM is recommending users to not put in the AM tweak as their code is better optimized without it to use all cores.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

understand that we won't have a choice after FSL A320 is released so i'm really trying to research this 3.4 as much as possible before updating :)

You will be happy to know, the bus will work in 3.35. This is from the horses mouth. Not sure about 3.2 though. You can always update to 3.35, now that LM make the client installers (previous available ).

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You will be happy to know, the bus will work in 3.35. This is from the horses mouth. Not sure about 3.2 though. You can always update to 3.35, now that LM make the client installers (previous available ).

That's really soothing :) Thank you for the info. I wonder for how much longer i'll be able to dodge 3.4 :)

That's really soothing :) Thank you for the info. I wonder for how much longer i'll be able to dodge 3.4 :)

Yes, that is the 60 million dollar question :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am at 300 MB VAS left sitting at the gate at FlyTampa EHAM in the NGX, with FS2crew, AS2016, FTX Global and OpenLC activated.

I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point. Tweaking seems pointless. Version 3.0 was definitely best for my part providing me an extra 250-300 MB to work with. Was also under the impression that version 3.4 struggled with VAS issues. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I am at 300 MB VAS left sitting at the gate at FlyTampa EHAM in the NGX, with FS2crew, AS2016, FTX Global and OpenLC activated.

I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point. Tweaking seems pointless. Version 3.0 was definitely best for my part providing me an extra 250-300 MB to work with. Was also under the impression that version 3.4 struggled with VAS issues. 

is this on departure ? what gate ?

I have 3.4 Client installed and HD2048 enabled in 4K and with Dense autogen but complexity maxed out and LOD at 4.5 i have 1.1GB free VAS in the NGX with same add-ons as you. 

using Vector on low setting would bring it down to 850MB left and using GSX,FS2CREW down to 650-700MB left (therefor i disable Vector at EHAM - Room for weather /clouds instead)

Something must be wrong

Update:

Anyone using FTX Global 2010 edition ?  -Some places like at EGLL i saved 300 MB VAS disabling it .

I have not tested around EHAM

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My experience with 3.4, just to mention one instance.....

Aerosoft EGLL Stand 518...PMDG T7......Flightbeam KIAD.....FTX Global....FTX Vector (all options enabled except Tertiary road and Traffic).....FS Global 2010.....FTX EU and NA LC......AS2016 + ASCA clouds ....max texture resolution in .cfg = 2048...ASCA clouds res 1024, DXT5.......PMDG T7 external model disabled......monitor resolution 3440x1440

P3D LOD radius 5.5.....scenery complexity Extremely dense, Autogen Normal....no AI traffic (airplanes/cars...etc....).....online traffic only (VATSIM)...

Flight duration 8.5 hrs.....residual VAS on flight loading 1400Mb......residual VAS at the end of the flight 850 Mb.

For me P3D 3.4 is OK....stunning visuals (enhanced by PTA) ....great FPS...smooth as silk....no VAS issue...and it is not a one off case....this is consistent on all flights.

There must be some game changer, settings or addon, or a combination of both that becomes a game changer for some people...

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Which version of P3D?  What is your AI traffic set to?  Do you have FTX Vector turned on?  Do you have FS2Crew RAAS on?  What resolution of clouds are you using?  What are your texture settings set to (first page of your Options in P3D)? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM