Sign in to follow this  
aaflyboy777

X-Plane 11

the system requirements are not exactly modest and some people might try the XP11 demo and conclude their hardware isn't up to it (I haven't tried it yet myself so I can't comment

? XP11 is way easier on your system than FSX - P3D with all the eye candy 

Rich Sennett

I suspect we will need to wait for a stable release of XP11, then the DC-6 will need to be updated, tested and released for XP11. Some time beyond that, I guess we'll hear which of the big 3 airliners will be the first one to come across to XP. It remains to be seen how many people actually switch from XP10 to XP11 - the system requirements are not exactly modest and some people might try the XP11 demo and conclude their hardware isn't up to it (I haven't tried it yet myself so I can't comment). So, PMDG might end up needing to support XP10 and XP11.

The current XP11 beta is actually not that bad in terms of resource need - if you compare a bare XP10 with a bare XP11 and apply the same rendering settings, XP11 will deliver about the same FPS as XP10 (at least it does on my box). By experience from the XP9 to XP10 cut-over, there was a period of approx. 2 years at the end of which most users had finally switched to the new version. There are various models among different commercial developers out there how to deal with it - most common by now seems to be: provide a patch to enable XP10 models to run in XP11 with the same functionality as in XP10 (most of them only need minor fixes for that), and pack a (paid) upgrade opening up new features offered by XP11 (PBR, dynamic reflections etc.)

? XP11 is way easier on your system than FSX - P3D with all the eye candy 

It depends - pick a MisterX6 scenery, max out rendering settings, populate the area around with nice Ortho4XP mesh and texture, set a lot of AI traffic and see what it does to your system load :)

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

It depends - pick a MisterX6 scenery, max out rendering settings, populate the area around with nice Ortho4XP mesh and texture, set a lot of AI traffic and see what it does to your system load :)

I have done everything you stated except ortho - smooth as silk - its awesome - no such thing as a blurred texture or stutter here anyway - just need some high end aircraft offerings other than the obvious few and I mean few - biggest down fall of XP11 but I will wait its worth it no more messing around for me - all set with that 

Rich Sennett

Hi,

We all probably seen the youtube video with Ben (Airline2Sim) where one from the PMDG team clearly indicates a port to X-plane will happen some time in the future.

So it would be awesome if a pmdg staff could confirm this in the forums and that would make this ongoing question mark come to rest.

https://youtu.be/oat046jCFo8?t=1106

Cheers

Sebastian Björk

Yea agree with the above especially with Rich,

Performance is getting better with each Beta even my old system...to be updated! Soon.

But the stumbling block is lack of high quality aircraft...airliners...but let's hope 2017 see other software houses port over or start to support this very good platform.

Have to say on a side note does anyone else note that the illusion of height in X Plane is so much better...climb to say three thousand in XP then compare with another platform it appears so much higher...not sure if it is to do with the scenery....well it looks higher to this old timer...

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Lets keep this topic alive. I've love to hear PMDG going on a date again with X-plane as they did with DC-6 :)

Just switched partially to X-Plane 11 and finally I can see my PC's fans work hard not sleeping while on FSX/P3D. My wish is only to see PMDG airlines there

Jehad Hamdan

Well. This response is only valid for the 747. Rabso is referring to airliners in general so to speak NGX and 777. And there were plans in the past that they will find their way to X-Plane until we are informed otherwise.

In the same thread you are referring to there are a lot of people requesting an update to the X-Plane roadmap, including myself. It seems we have to wait a bit longer until their (PMDG) research is done if NGX and 777 are possible to import.

best regards,

Emmanuel

i really hope pmdg brings the 777 and 747 to x-plane 11, i would pay triple the price just for those 2 aircrafts.i hate p3d, always have. i just hope x-plane brings better season support and i would be good to go.

I think the XPL11 is the future. That platform has the biggest potencial. It gets better and better every month. I think PMDG guys are well aware of it and they will bring one of their airliner sooner or later...

Just my 2 cents....

Petr Cenek

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought X Plane 11 from their website. I spent the last two days tinkering then decided straight away last night, after seeing what was clearly a police/ambulance/fire flashing light, while it was dark, driving down the road - was blown away! 

But yea, been a BIG PMDG fan for a long time, I own the NGX, 777 and the most recent 747 and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE for PMDG to get them in X Plane 11!! I'd happily pay the same again for all three in XP11! 

PLEASE PMDG, PLEASE :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hello everybody!

In my opinion, the future is X-Plane 11. I also used P3D and FSX. Firstly the big problem is that: P3D/FSX are 32bit. Okay, somebody said, a 64-bit P3D coming. (maybe) I'm not talking about just this problem. I'm talking about a lot's of problem. This was just one. So the Laminar Research made a wonderful program. Out of the box, the simulator looks very very good, and beautiful. FSX and P3D out of the box, looks horrible. So guys, okay If you install "1000 ton" of addons to P3D/FSX, maybe you will get a better scenery quality and looking. These are very expensive, and you need to hold a lot's of space in your HDD/SSD. But what is the "real hit"?? A program which looking good with more than 100$ add-on's or a program which looking good just out of the box?

For X-Plane 11 you can download a lot's of good freeware scenery's! You also can do scenery's! And what is the best? You can make photoscenery for free into the simulator!

I think they saw what perform the X-Plane 11. I think they going to make also good Airplane's and Scenery's (orbx) for XP11. PMDG did one. They aren't stop here! Aerosoft also made new scenery's for XP11. They aren't stop. And I heard, the orbx is also coming to XP!

I used P3D/FSX. I don't want to install 200GB scenery and mod to get looking good! For me with GTX1080 also bad performance. (I7 7700k,16GB RAM) I don't want this. I'm staying with X-Plane 11!

Thank you for reading!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On ‎12‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Hegedus Marton said:

Hello everybody!

In my opinion, the future is X-Plane 11. I also used P3D and FSX. Firstly the big problem is that: P3D/FSX are 32bit. Okay, somebody said, a 64-bit P3D coming. (maybe) I'm not talking about just this problem. I'm talking about a lot's of problem. This was just one. So the Laminar Research made a wonderful program. Out of the box, the simulator looks very very good, and beautiful. FSX and P3D out of the box, looks horrible. So guys, okay If you install "1000 ton" of addons to P3D/FSX, maybe you will get a better scenery quality and looking. These are very expensive, and you need to hold a lot's of space in your HDD/SSD. But what is the "real hit"?? A program which looking good with more than 100$ add-on's or a program which looking good just out of the box?

For X-Plane 11 you can download a lot's of good freeware scenery's! You also can do scenery's! And what is the best? You can make photoscenery for free into the simulator!

I think they saw what perform the X-Plane 11. I think they going to make also good Airplane's and Scenery's (orbx) for XP11. PMDG did one. They aren't stop here! Aerosoft also made new scenery's for XP11. They aren't stop. And I heard, the orbx is also coming to XP!

I used P3D/FSX. I don't want to install 200GB scenery and mod to get looking good! For me with GTX1080 also bad performance. (I7 7700k,16GB RAM) I don't want this. I'm staying with X-Plane 11!

Thank you for reading!

Has never been said better than this. 

• Like 3

As RSR stated, there is no one perfect sim, and one is not the only future of flight sim. Give it a rest.