Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

Carenado Arrow IV & Seneca II GPS

Is it possible to replace the uglistic default GPS for the newer 530 seen in later models like Aztec or Cardinal even?

I know replacing entire radio stacks is complicated and I'm not looking to go there. I just want to replace the default GPS with a custom 530, it should be (I only assume!) only a matter of changing the file name somewhere in the panel.cfg. Please advise who ever knows the procedure.

Got the Panel.cfg of an aircraft that uses the 530 that you want to use.   Copy and paste the gauge name, like in the bold text below:-

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=513,513
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=CarenadoG430_3D_DA40!GNS430_nc1,  0,  0,512,256
gauge01=CarenadoG430_3D_DA40!GNS430_nc2,  0,257,512,256
gauge02=DA40!ToggleCARG1000,     64,0, 256, 32
//gauge03=ALSound_DA40!CarSound,       0, 0,  1,  1
gauge04=ALDA40!SYS_SMOKE,             0,    0,    1,    1
gauge05=DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound,                         0,  0,   0,  0,    .\Gauges\CockpitSounds\CockpitSounds.ini
gauge06=CockpitSounds!KeyEvent_SND,                     0,  0,   1,  0

..........now simply go to the aircraft that you want to put this gauge into, find the [VcockpitXX] entry that contains the gauge you want to replace, and paste the replacement gauge over the one that is not required.

There maybe issues with the model (if the gauge is 3D) but above is your starting point.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

ok I replaced the gauge name, but the default one is still showing through, I guess it is integrated into some other gauge I will never find out which exactly. Looks like the best solution is just to abandon the idea.

Too bad these old planes are not re-released as v2 and are still sold at the high cost which they don't worth (not even half that).

If the old gauge is still showing through, check for other gauge entries in the [VcockpitXX] sections.  It will be there.  All of the gauges in older Carenado planes are standard gauges, so there will be an entry for it.   I don't have either of these aircraft installed, so can't check.

A pop up would be another option, where you could replace the older 430 popup, with the new version.  Would work fine as long as you're ok with using a pop up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I will post a panel.cfg text when I get home from work, please check it out.

The pop-up gauge is an easy part, I wanted a visual one in the VC :)