Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

PT6 engines in XP 11

I found this from Austin:

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/12/fight-model-improvements-done-for-x-plane-11-00/

Does anyone know if and how the Hi idle and Lo idle changes he mentioned can be made with planemaker?

Would be nice to have one of the PT6 equipped aircraft running in XP11.

Well, the Pilatus PC-12 works ok (both Carenado and STMA ones).

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

It doesn't for me. ITT is grilling the engine upon spool up. Did you modify anything?

Hans

I've flown four v10 aircraft with PT-6 engines in v11 beta with no problems so far:

DDen Turbo Goose

RW Designs DHC-6 Twin Otter

Carenado PC-12

X-Trident Bell 412 (PT6T Twin-Pac)

I admit I haven't been paying close attention to ITT temps, but I've completed flights with all these plane models in XP11 beta. No modifications, just copying the models over to the XP11 plane folder.

Edit to add: I'm starting all these flight hot on the runway with engines running, no cold starts.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It doesn't for me. ITT is grilling the engine upon spool up. Did you modify anything?

Well, fixed the beta thing in planemaker, but that is all. It is harder to start, that is for sure - have to hold down the starter button for ages. The Carenado one works out of the box but not sure how good the engine modelling is.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

It's not truly XP11 unless you open the XP10 versions in planemaker then resave again (using XP11) planemaker 

Well, fixed the beta thing in planemaker,

Would you mind sharing which values you changed? I tried idles but to no avail. Cold or hot start, engine fire right away here.

Hans

It's not truly XP11 unless you open the XP10 versions in planemaker then resave again (using XP11) planemaker 

Slayer, do you have to make any changes or just open and save again? 

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Cold or hot start, engine fire right away here.

I managed to get both the PC12 and the Kodiak in the air by starting with engines running and quickly taking off. Upon landing ITT was all red but engine did not catch fire. Would be great to get this ITT value under control. 

Hans

Slayer, do you have to make any changes or just open and save again? 

Pivot

Normally just open it in planemaker and save again as far as I know.