Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Course heading in 737

Hi

I have been flying the 777 pmdg for quite sometime and i am wanting to get back into flying the 737.

I am a little confused with setting the course heading.

Now for instance i was flying out of yssy to ymml 34R departure heading 335

At 500ft turn right intercept and track 075 to marub.

Is 075 heading is what i should set in course select?

Any advise is appreciated.

I have been reading up on this a bit and still stumped on it

Cheers

Mike

Is 075 heading is what i should set in course select

set  the course  you want  to fly  in the heading  select window   same  as  the 777. The course  window is  used  for  ils  and  vors  directions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

set the course you want to fly in the heading select window same as the 777. The course window is used for ils and vors directions

Hi thanks for reply

Sorry im a little slow still confused lol

So set course 335 same as the rwy hdg 335?

Or is course setting the direction from yssy to ymml A to B??

Cheers

Mike

think  your  confusing  the  course  window  and  heading  window  in the mcp  ,   the  hdg  window  is  used  to enter  your heading  you  want  to fly   so  if  you  want  to fly  example  335  you  set  this using  the heading  select  switch and  the 737  will fly this  course.  The course  window  is  used  for  ils  and  vors  heading, if  the  ils  heading  is  345   you  have to set this  in both  course  windows in the mcp which  in the  nd will  show this.

In your  example  if  you  have taken off  from rwy 335  you set  335 in the hdg  select option  till  atc  tells or the  sid tells  you when  to  turn   than  you will enter  the new  heading  using  the hdg  select option  than once  cleared  than  you can  use  lnav to your  destination

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

think  your  confusing  the  course  window  and  heading  window  in the mcp  ,   the  hdg  window  is  used  to enter  your heading  you  want  to fly   so  if  you  want  to fly  example  335  you  set  this using  the heading  select  switch and  the 737  will fly this  course.  The course  window  is  used  for  ils  and  vors  heading, if  the  ils  heading  is  345   you  have to set this  in both  course  windows in the mcp which  in the  nd will  show this.

In your  example  if  you  have taken off  from rwy 335  you set  335 in the hdg  select option  till  atc  tells or the  sid tells  you when  to  turn   than  you will enter  the new  heading  using  the hdg  select option  than once  cleared  than  you can  use  lnav to your  destination

Ahh i see thank you very much.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike