Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

777 Cadet and Cadet+ Training Programs Roadmap

Ok gents, we've now completed the flying section of the 777 Cadet Training Program. We've taken you from being a rookie pilot on the ramp at Kona to slithering down the slide at Doha after a pretty stressful engine failure on takeoff. I'm sure by now you know a lot more about the 777 than you did 22 episodes ago!

We've got two more to come - one is the 777 options video where we'll look at setting up things like FSUIPC, reverse, axis, the FMC options etc and also some more stuff within the sim such as ASN, GSX etc. 

Then Myron returns briefly to look back at the Program and what we've learned, plus what we have up our sleeve for the Cadet+ in episode 24. 

Cadet+ is still work in progress, but the outline plan is to cover in detail a typical ULR flight from Dubai to Newark and Drzewiecki are apparently updating Newark as we speak, so we're hoping to try to catch the new one as the existing Newark isn't exactly film star beautiful. We'll do the whole thing in sections, with another detailed setup video looking at the routing and the FIR regions (Iran, gulp) along the way and learn all about the mysterious goings on in the cruise, and just what the heck they actually do up there in a 15 hour flight. We'll cover ETOPS, NATS tracks, Oceanic Clearances and then obviously the arrival down into the New York Metro area. If there's time, we may replay the cruise portion from mid-Atlantic and look at a failure that causes us to end up somewhere snowy. As I say, still WIP. ETA is 4-8 weeks, depending on Myron's availability. 

Thanks for your support guys, the 777 has been our biggest hit yet and the emails from 777 drivers old and new saying 'I never knew that!' put a smile on my face every morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

There are a lot of "I never knew that" with me.  Also, there's a lot of "wow, that's a good idea" and a fair amount of general knowledge that applies to other airplanes too.  The VNAV SPD discussion at San Diego was eye opening.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes, the VNAV discussion was very eye opening, I agree. Lots of good nuggets and tips in these videos. Looking forward to the Cadet+ series.

hi sir you got me....also if I expressed my disappoint on fb about the price I have to admit this product have an incredible value, I didn't expect it as is, very well done, very valuable experienced captain advices, and yes the price is really honest I admit, I never have been more pleased to be wrong....thank you

• Upvote 1

hi sir you got me....also if I expressed my disappoint on fb about the price I have to admit this product have an incredible value, I didn't expect it as is, very well done, very valuable experienced captain advices, and yes the price is really honest I admit, I never have been more pleased to be wrong....thank you

Hey Mario, thanks for the kind words. The price we agonised over for a while as we've put some serious resources into this. Glad we got it right and you enjoyed it.

Hi, Ben. I just watched video 21 (Dulles Rwy 30 circle to land). First of all, wow, what a challenging approach!

I did catch a small error, though. When ATC cleared you to land it sounds you were cleared to land on Rwy 21R. Of course it should be 1R.

Oh, and I dig the people movers - I used to live near Dulles. They actually have lifts that raise the compartment several feet so you are level with the terminal. Prior to leaving, it lowers to more ground level before driving away. I always told myself when they get rid of them, I would buy one and turn it into an RV. Imagine driving to the campsite and then raising the compartment for better views.

Hi, Ben. I just watched video 21 (Dulles Rwy 30 circle to land). First of all, wow, what a challenging approach!

I did catch a small error, though. When ATC cleared you to land it sounds you were cleared to land on Rwy 21R. Of course it should be 1R.

Oh, and I dig the people movers - I used to live near Dulles. They actually have lifts that raise the compartment several feet so you are level with the terminal. Prior to leaving, it lowers to more ground level before driving away. I always told myself when they get rid of them, I would buy one and turn it into an RV. Imagine driving to the campsite and then raising the compartment for better views.

Good catch - sounds like a typo on the ATC script somewhere. The KIAD approach was a lot of fun. We didn't think it was going to work in the sim and the bit where we nail it at the end and Myron sounds overjoyed was quite real! 

The people movers look great and yep, the perfect RV!  :smile:

nope give  them  time, my guess  middle of  the year  to the later  part

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

We've changed up the 777+ content and it will now be a Dulles-Rome Eastbound flight using the NATS tracks and then a Westbound Dubai-LA polar route flight which is pretty much a full tank of gas in the 777. 

Polar Ops, ETOPS, NATS etc will all be covered, plus in typical Airline2Sim style the final flight wouldn't be the final flight without a sting in the tail. I mean, imagine if we lost a motor over the middle of Greenland?? ;)

No dates yet guys, but Myron and I are working on this as we speak. 

16 hours ago, pete_auau said:

nope give  them  time, my guess  middle of  the year  to the later  part

The page says Feb/Mar 2017. I'm just asking based on the content of the page.

1 hour ago, Airline2Sim said:

We've changed up the 777+ content and it will now be a Dulles-Rome Eastbound flight using the NATS tracks and then a Westbound Dubai-LA polar route flight which is pretty much a full tank of gas in the 777. 

Polar Ops, ETOPS, NATS etc will all be covered, plus in typical Airline2Sim style the final flight wouldn't be the final flight without a sting in the tail. I mean, imagine if we lost a motor over the middle of Greenland?? ;)

No dates yet guys, but Myron and I are working on this as we speak. 

Rodger that

8 hours ago, krustchinsky said:

The page says Feb/Mar 2017. I'm just asking based on the content of the page.

That's fair enough. This is why we're the only developer daft enough to give out dates. One day I'll learn ;)

On 4/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Airline2Sim said:

I actually like this plan more than what was originally laid out.. i know it means extra time but i think its worth it to cover so many unique things which are perfect learning/teaching opportunities. 

I look forward to the upcoming program whenever it's finally ready.