Sign in to follow this  
janar737

Bug in the elevation-profile-trail-plotting?

Hi Alex,

I planned a Cessna 172 roundtrip Raron (LSMN) - turning over Zermatt - back to Raron with the outward route and the back route through the same mountain valley. The consequence is that a number of waypoints on the outgoing route are very close to those on the backroute.

While flying this route I saw the small yellow plane that shows the current position in the elevation profile several times jumping forward and back from the waypoint on the outgoing route to the waypont on the backroute while leaving a horizontal trails between these points.

As I did not yet fugure out how to add a picture to this message, I will sent you one with private mail.

See you, Jan

Hi Jan,

I attached the image below. Hope you don't mind (you have to use an image hosting service like imgur.com to upload images. See here).

This is a known problem. I simply use the nearest segment as the active one and do not remember any previously selected flight plan parts. Will be fixed in the next release.

I'd suggest to create a one way flight plan and reverse it before flying back.

Alex

JN9bwGh.jpg