Sign in to follow this  
bic

reduce surging and balance system better

I had a GTX 780 and did not have too bad of pauses, it was workable, but I upgraded to a GTX 1070 and of course a new P3D version came out in October at the same time.  I've never been able to get the 1070 to similar performance as my 780.  It seems smoother, but when I am turning into an area that has high number of buildings or autogen(?), I get a short stutter while turning and then almost like the buildings and objects pop in..

I have the usual Orbx base and LC.  The specific area where I can almost see popping is in Orbx England over London when turning.  I ended up removing England as I just about always get OOM around London (even though I've turned off various extra details and gone down to 1024 on texture detail).  I can see the GPU usage around 45% at times, so it does not seem stressed at all.  My 780 seemed to handle London ok

How can I stop surging or what seem like  pauses or maybe balance the system better?  I tried Process Lasso and reassigning cores to various other applications.  I don't remember the nvidia driver version that I am on now, but it was around late October / mid November.

I have i4790k at 4.5 ghz along with C: OS And P3d on the 500 gig SSD.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Does Your 1070 have the Same or More Ram then Your 780, Make sure You have the latest Drivers for Your 1070 - Johnman