Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

Start up on remote computer

Hello Folks, my hats off for this free program(which is unbelivible that it is free).

My problem is that i want to run LN on a second computer. If i understand the install correctly, i have to first load Lil Navconnect on the host computer , which would be where I have FSX installed.

On the second computer I install Lil Navmap, and than go to tools, Flight sim connect.

I then select "Connect to a remote flight simulator".

In hostname or Ip address, you put the address of the host computer , which runs FSX, and leave the port space alone.

For some reason it will not connect, and also when trying to open up navconnect on the host computer, when i double click it, it will not open.

All folders are shared across both computers, so i know thats not the problem.

And I did have it working a few days ago, so now nothing.

Thanks.......RobertC

Hi Robert,

My problem is that i want to run LN on a second computer. If i understand the install correctly, i have to first load Lil Navconnect on the host computer , which would be where I have FSX installed.

Right. Navconnect connects automatically to FSX.

On the second computer I install Lil Navmap, and than go to tools, Flight sim connect.
I then select "Connect to a remote flight simulator".
In hostname or Ip address, you put the address of the host computer , which runs FSX, and leave the port space alone.

Correct.

For some reason it will not connect, and also when trying to open up navconnect on the host computer, when i double click it, it will not open.

Is the firewall configured correctly on both computers?

Since it worked before: Did the flying computer change its IP address after shutdown/startup? Important when you use the IP address instead of the name.

Check if there are any spaces hidden before or after the name or IP address and also look if you accidentally changed the port number.

What is the error message?

It can take a few minutes until an error dialog appears.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Thanks for the reply, seems like i have been having trouble with simconnect for sometime , it will work one time and thats it, and i can never get tit back up again.

Im wanting to know why Navconnect will not open on the flying computer, I give it admin. rights and double click and nothing.

error is server conections timed out. (7).

i have it set  up to go through the firewall, ( i believe i did it correct).

It shoud not be this diffucult to get it working.

My host Ip add. always remains the same.  I go to CMD , IPconfig , IPv4  192.168.1.xxx. it never changes , im running a home network with all files shared and so forth.

Netwok sharing was turned on, on the client , if thats got anything to do with the problem.

I also decided to dump the program and redownload it from your site a fresh copy, and still the same deal , it will not open , after i zipp it to a folder.

Still Nconnect will not load...hhhhhmmm

ThX.....RobertC

Well Sir, I manage to get navconnect open and got it connected on the remote computer.

However am i supposed to run a data base of some sort.

I do not see my plane , or AI. on the map, seems to be alot of greyed out icons.

One other question how does LN keep up with the navigraph updates.

But it is connected:)  Can you direct me further.

ThX....RobertC

You need to install a copy of LM on the computer where the simulator resides, create the database then transfer it to the appropriate folder on the remote computer.

There currently is no provision for remotely creating the database AFAIK.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Robert,

Ernie is right, no remote database creating. You have to use a Little Navmap instance on the flying computer to do this.

The whole procedure of copying the database is described in the manual here. I'm thinking about an automatic download but there is currently other stuff which should be finished first.

I do not see my plane , or AI. on the map, seems to be alot of greyed out icons.

The program will indicate a "Connected" in the statusbar if the link is established. There is also a tooltip on that text which gives more details.

It should show the aircraft if you're connected and have an active flight (i.e. not the opening screen in FS). Did you switch off the user or AI aircraft display in the toolbar by any chance?

One other question how does LN keep up with the navigraph updates.

Currently not at all. It uses the FS data and if you do not install any navdata updates like fsAerodata or the FSX/P3D Navaids update

it will be stuck in FS 2005 default database. Support for AIRAC  cycles is planned for the next version.

Alex

Hello folks again, im sorry but im finding your manual a little hard to understand.

Ok i start LNM on the flying sim and then load sceney library, i save it to users/ username/ appdata/ roaming/ microsoft/ FSX, on the flying sim , is that correct?

From that point i get a little confused, copy what to where the scenry.cfg.

If I understand you, you copy the sceny.cfg file and paste it to a file on the client computer. Is that correct?

Oh and the files in the app data /fsx folder, dont show up as a scenery.cfg just Fsx .cfg, is this the scenery file.

If so where exactly do I place this file on the client.

Im sorry for asking so many questions.

Thx...............RobertC

Hi Robert,

Do not copy the scenery.cfg. Do not touch any cfg files at all.

If you use FSX copy only the file

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_fsx.sqlite

from the flying computer to the directory

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db

on the remote/client computer.

That's all. Use Windows network shares, an USB stick or whatever is available.

The "Show database files" menu item helps you to find these folders.

Alex

Well folks , i figured it out after all re- reading and re-reading your manual , and finally with success its up and runnig.

I must tell you Sir, that your program became and instance additon to my family of software add ons, and i have many.

Your Software became so important to me that i gave it its own monitor. So now i have FSC on one monitor and LNM on another, I have what you call information overload::}}

Thank you for your amazing piece of software.

RobertC

Alex, a year after the discussion above but related:

My set up (flying desktop, client desktop, both with LittleNavmap. LittleNavconnect on flying desktop). Connection established fully as described in your instructions. Flying plane on flying desktop is on moving map on client desktop and also moving for a while. But after a couple of minutes updating stops while the plane on the flying desktop is continuing the flight. This behavior repeats itself after a fresh connect on the client desktop or after a full shut down of all systems and fresh start-up.

Do you have any idea where I need to look for improving this behavior?

Thank you for any suggestion.

[Thank you for the great piece of software!!!].

LoekG.

Did you set the update time interval too small? Try to increase it.

If you use X-Plane: Do not connect twice to the Xpconnect plugin it cannot deal with that.

Do you use LAN or WLAN? Maybe the connection is bad.

Alex