Sign in to follow this  
aquila40

Any addons for FSX-SE comparable to FS Navigator or FS Commander?

I've discovered that FSC isn't compatible with FSX-SE (per the creator, Volker Heine) and wonder if there are any addons comparable to FSNavigator or FS Commander which are compatible with FSX-SE.  The default GPS which hasn't changed in years has always been a sad aspect of FS. (IMHO).

Thanks!

What aspect of that program are you looking to emulate?  Do you want to replace the planner, GPS or moving map?  If it's the latter, I strongly recommend aivlasoft efb.  It's pricey, but well worth the price.  

Matt King

Yes, moving map with active a/c (AI or VATSIM)!  I forgot to add that important wish.  Was spoiled by FS Navigator (still using FS9 so I can take advantage of it).  FS Commander is the perfect tool with links to routefinder, etc.

I forgot to add I'll use it with FSX-SE so, unlike FSC, I hope it's compatible.

I'll check out aivlasoft efb!

Thanks!

I'll check out aivlasoft efb

It's the best option for a moving map; a really powerful tool!

Matt King

I've discovered that FSC isn't compatible with FSX-SE (per the creator, Volker Heine) and wonder if there are any addons comparable to FSNavigator or FS Commander which are compatible with FSX-SE. The default GPS which hasn't changed in years has always been a sad aspect of FS. (IMHO).

FS Commander can be made to work in FSX Steam.  This link to the FSC support forum shows how to do it with a dual installation -- requires some tricks -- but should be easier with a single, clean FSX Steam install.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78750-fsx-steam-edition-fsc-interesting-solution-for-freaks/#comment-482795

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

FS Commander can be made to work in FSX Steam.  This link to the FSC support forum shows how to do it with a dual installation -- requires some tricks -- but should be easier with a single, clean FSX Steam install.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78750-fsx-steam-edition-fsc-interesting-solution-for-freaks/#comment-482795

Mike

Indeed, I use FSC with Steam and have no problems. I think the incompatibility only applies with dual installs. Clean install with FSX:SE without the box version should work fine

Andre

FSTramp http://www.fstramp.com/  works with FSX:SE (& P3D) & you get 20 sessions free to test the program. It's very similar to FSNav!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...