Sign in to follow this  
ljay37

G600 for X-Plane & FSX/P3D

Hi, I've merged the two discussions about the G600/500 so that it makes it easier to follow through!

Although I can't say much right now, I can at least start to unveil some more prior it is officially released. We're a little behind schedule (see above our initial plans for first half 2018), but we are not too far from releasing.

One of our main design goal for the Reality XP G600/500 simulation is to offer a solution which runs with a complete set of GPS options, including the RXP GNS V2, the RXP GTN, and the default X-Plane/FltSim GPS.

Although this probably pushed back our official release, I'm pleased to let you know we've succeeded: whether using a Reality XP GPS, or a simulator GPS, the overall G600/500 simulation will be the same.

When paired with the simulator GPS, you'll get the standard experience, and when paired with a Reality XP GNS V2 or GTN, you'll get enhanced route display on the MFD side, with 'curved' segments like holding patterns, DME arcs, etc...

Another design goal our existing GNS V2 and GTN customers appreciate every day: we'll offer the G600/500 both for X-Plane and FltSim with the same level of integration and customization, and with the same hi-def and 32 bits graphics.

32 bits graphics shine on the FltSim host where the SDK limits other vendors to 15 bits colors, which inherently ruins the G600/500 PFD sky/ground gradients. See the following thread about the GTN to see what it means (click the screenshot and look the gray gradient in the red circle):

I'll unveil more, including screenshots when we're nearing release!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Will the new G600/500 be compatible with FS2004? Yes - I am a dinosaur - but enjoy all RXP gauges on my FS9 setup!

Graeme Butler

@graemeb our technologies were designed to run fine from FS9 to P3D4, and from XP9 to XP11. However, it is too early to tell if there would be any particular feature non-implemented when on FS9 (sometimes the SDK lacks the necessary support). You'll have to wait for the official release for this.

Besides, speaking of screenshots above:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

We've been busy working on other enhancements to the GTN, post GTN Traner 6.50 update release, which is further delaying a little the G600/500 project, but overall it is getting closer to release every day now!

any updates on the g600? far past the first half of 2018... I have been waiting for a g600 simulation in x plane for years! very excited for this one.

Hi,

Live you may have noticed, we've been working hard on the GTN and the GNS V2 since the release of the latest GTN Trainer v6.50.

We've been ironing out the issues introduced when supporting the latest GTN trainer, and we've also enhanced the GNS V2 with updated core functionalities from the GTN code base, while at the same time introducing new features among which, support for EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN in addition to WAAS. 

All these took more time than anticipated but I'm pleased to let you know we're now working fully back on the G600/500, which by the way, gets tons off internal stability improvements from both the latest GTN and GNS V2 too!

Please note the latest GTN trainer also includes a new G600/500 trainer!

Hey great news, can't wait for its release, hardware bezel now finished and ready for the software (but not quite as nicely built as LJay37s very nice. How much did that cost out of interest??)

BR Pete D.

Hi, unfortunately I've no additional information I'm able to disclose for now. We're really spreading resources everywhere, with P3D4.4, X-Plane 11.30, the GTN and GNS V2 updates, the latest trainer, and the forum which has seen a boost in visits and questions lately (hopefully not a boost in problems, we're quite investing in R&D to make our products as reliable as possible).