Sign in to follow this  
ljay37

G600 for X-Plane & FSX/P3D

I begin PPL training in a nice Cessna 172R Turbo Diesel in 3 weeks! It has my dream avionics set-up of a GTN 750 and a Garmin G500 - You can imagine the tremendous benefit I will have if I can put the Reality XP G500/600 in the dash of Laminar Research's default trainer? 
Since I've learned SO MUCH with RXP's GTN 750 and 650 in the last 500 hours of simming, I feel I owe you all the patience in the world because your products are worth any amount of waiting, but what if I had a nice birthday cake (or pizza) delivered to your front door? Or maybe there's some other inducement-treat that would push this project over the line? Say the word - Desperation is near : -)

On 5/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, ljay37 said:

Here is a G600 hardware waiting for RXP G600 for X-Plane release (GTN Stack hardware also available) www.ljcockpit.com

1525103233-g600-1.jpg1525103227-g600-2.jpg1525103236-g600-3.jpg

would it be possible for you to share the file, and some tips on how you constructed this device, is it Arduino driven ????

..any new about the Reality progress, if any ???? 

On 8/18/2019 at 3:54 AM, N1125Y said:

would it be possible for you to share the file, and some tips on how you constructed this device, is it Arduino driven ????

I'm selling the G600 units , can't share anything , sorry

On 8/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, ljay37 said:

oh, I see

Btw

Is it run by Arduino ??

On 8/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

I've been silent on this project for the last few months and I thank you all for sharing your enthusiasm with us! I feel it is important to let you know where we are at so far so here is a quick update.

We've have had delays after delays since we've shared the latest screenshots in another thread to say the least. During this time we've adapted to 2 major P3D4 releases, numerous XP11 releases, 3 GTN Trainer releases.

We've therefore been devoting most our resources to make sure our GPS customers are having the best experience they can get with our products. This means not only updating to the simulator and trainer changes, but we've also added a lot of new features to our GNS V2 and GTN thanks to our customer feedback in our forums. Thank you all for your suggestions, we're blessed to have you!

During this time though, we've still continued the development of the G600/500 and there is code shipping inside the GNS V2 and the GTN specifically for the G500/600, although it is dormant until release. As a side effect, this continued development benefited all our products because we're building these on top of a shared low-level infrastructure which is at the root of the 3 products (GDU,GTN,GNS).

In effect, there are some common grounds especially dealing with communication between the simulator and the trainer, passing the screen data back and forth, etc... As a matter of fact we've recently discovered one reason which may prevent both the GTN and the GNS V2 to display the screen (another form of 'black screen'). This is a rare situation we've discovered while working on the GDU but since they share this code, and we will release a GNS/GTN update soon for this.

Since our latest GNS V2 and GTN updates which have proven they are stable and nearly bug-free, we've been allocating nearly 100% resources back on the G600/500 project. The last weeks have been spent in improving the standalone operating mode. The goal is to offer a standalone operating mode with the necessary features you'd use a G600/500 for, beyond just a standard-6 replacement with map and charts.

In standalone mode, you'll be running the G600/500 integrated with your simulator (FltSim or XPlane) without any other RXP GPS, including displaying the active route and flight plan loaded in the simulator default GPS. We accomplish this in making the G600/500 believing it is actually connected to a Garmin GPS, and we want to offer a very close simulation of this.

This mode is in fact the main reason for the delays because it takes a lot of reverse engineering and flight tests for every single feature. It won't be exactly like when connected with a Garmin GPS and there will be compelling reasons to complement your G600/500 with a nice RXP GTN or GNS V2.

So are we far from release yet or not?

I can't officially tell exactly but I can tell you we're nearly finished with the standalone implementation and we're now pleased with the integration level we've achieved so far. The rest of the product has been done for months now already (screen, input/output, configuration settings etc...).

We've decided from the get-go to offer the G600/500 with a standalone mode and we probably didn't properly evaluate the time to develop this mode initially, and although this delays the actual product release way beyond our anticipations I'm certain it is important for our customers to have this choice. Hopefully we're getting very close to the release every day and even more in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward for its release.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, ljay37 said:

I dropped you a message with few questions on the Product, but never got any answers

Yair   

On 9/5/2019 at 3:43 AM, N1125Y said:

I dropped you a message with few questions on the Product, but never got any answers

Yair   

What do you need to know ?

www.ljcockpit.com

Edited by ljay37

Jean-Luc, having sold my Garmin 530-equipped C310, I am now the proud owner of N31062, a 2005 Piper Meridian with dual G500's and dual GTN750's (see pic).  It is a dream airplane.  In the past I had set up a very nice FSX piston sim with your G530.  Now I'd like to set up a full-blast Xplane-based Piper Meridian sim (somehow... I may have to adapt the Malibu...) with your GTN750 (which I already have) and your G500/600, which I am waiting with baited breath.  I will then use Air Manager plus Skinman to build the Meggitt Engine Display Units, Annunciator panel, etc.

I plan to use a 180 degree 55-inch triple display (60 degs per panel) with two networked windows computers, two touch panels, arduino (via Air manager) knobs and switches, etc.  It will probably take me about a year to put together BUT IT ALL HINGES ON YOUR G500/G600 (no pressure).

Je vous remercie de vos fabuleux produits qui font l´experience du vol simulé une vraie realité.

Salut, Antonio Elias

LTFOOJX_.jpeg

Edited by charliearon
Emebed image and Youtuibe Vid

@antonioe Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your home cockpit video! I'm always amazed the many different ways our customer are using our products, and I'm glad to see our products are running great so many years after initially released (we've released our first GNS in 2002 and the version you're running - technically the 2nd version - has been first released around 2008)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Without being one of those irritating forum lurkers who bugs for updates, I would be interested as to whether you have a planned release date in mind? I'm building a new home cockpit, if the G500/600 is, not imminent, but in the not too distant, it would be useful to know and plan for it. I have no doubt, as I'm sure like the GTN I already own and love, that it will be based on the Garmin Simulator and thus absolutely accurate. Of course, quality cannot be rushed and development may reveal things you didn't know until you got to that later step, so I respect it may be a sliding estimate!

Waiting patiently - OK reasonably patiently 😉

Thanks as always for the superb products - the GTN650 has become the cornerstone of my simulator 🙂

• Like 1