Sign in to follow this  
ljay37

G600 for X-Plane & FSX/P3D

Sorry just to add to this - will it be possible to interface with the keys on the G500 unit? In X-Plane there are no default commands to set a multi-function FMS dual-rotary input to choose between BARO, VS, ALT etc like the switches up the left and right sides of the unit...

On 10/15/2019 at 8:59 AM, rictus said:

Sorry just to add to this - will it be possible to interface with the keys on the G500 unit? In X-Plane there are no default commands to set a multi-function FMS dual-rotary input to choose between BARO, VS, ALT etc like the switches up the left and right sides of the unit...

It should, I believe, as it is possible for the GTN 750 where the FMS dual-rotary works for com/nav. I own a GTN 750 myself and have it set to a separate touch screen with bezel and stuff. I coded key strokes in arduino and mapped them directly in Xplane and it works great. I have an ELMA dual encoder.
I'm also waiting for this release, which should fit my future King Air Simulator. 😃 

I also have done this, however there are no button options currently in X-Plane to allow you to softkey between BARO/VS/ALT then use a 'universal' rotary encoder to spin each of these...

13 minutes ago, rictus said:

I also have done this, however there are no button options currently in X-Plane to allow you to softkey between BARO/VS/ALT then use a 'universal' rotary encoder to spin each of these...

But I believe for the G600 there will be custom datarefs that will allow the same rotary encoder to be used for these 3 options. This should be simple as I have done something similar on my custom GNC255B, which drives NAV2/COM2/ADF1 on the same dual rotary encoder. I've done this through Air Manager though.

33 minutes ago, flbessa said:

But I believe for the G600 there will be custom datarefs that will allow the same rotary encoder to be used for these 3 options. This should be simple as I have done something similar on my custom GNC255B, which drives NAV2/COM2/ADF1 on the same dual rotary encoder. I've done this through Air Manager though.

I am sure you are right - but as you said you believe there will be. That's why I asked the question of RXP, to establish if and how that WILL be implemented. If it is then I have no problem assigning it through Simvim or whatever other means I will use.

Something like that!

I guess if the FMS inner/outer acts reasonably generic depending on the 'G1000' command mode sent to it, then the buttons on the G500/G600 bezel would work. It would just need a custom command set added to X-Plane (or the datarefs published, but the former would be preferable please! 😄 ) so that the buttons can be assigned to a controller.

5 hours ago, flbessa said:

Great stuff and thanks for the feedback. 

Yup.. we will wait patiently. 😃 

Reasonably patiently 😉

that’s what I love about the RealityXP products, they are always worth the wait and absolutely spot on... I love my GTN, this G600 is going to partner with it so nicely!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rictus said:

Reasonably patiently 😉

that’s what I love about the RealityXP products, they are always worth the wait and absolutely spot on... I love my GTN, this G600 is going to partner with it so nicely!

Yeah.. reasonably patiently.. hahaha

Indeed.. the products are, as you say, absolutely spot on. My sim is just is on another level having the GTN touch. Just love it. Below a video of the my unit and a pic of my sim. 🙂

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TfQXivGnXPZkofMk6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WUpWh6yMGwLEbyq39

WOW! That’s a seriously impressive setup... I assume the yokes are real ones courtesy of eBay... 

I was working on a P28R-201 cockpit but we had to move so I don’t have the space any more and it had to go... it was also taking a lot of maintenance time 😞

I’m going to build a half panel that I can tuck away somewhere, hence the eagerness to see the G600 so it can have a few switches, mainly touch interfaces so it’s easy to maintain. But I really miss my big one... it had a laser cut panel from CAD drawings of the real thing... 

never quite finished, but it was fun to use...

9ZaYsXb.jpg

PS - nice headset 😉 same as mine! I built the box to adapt it to PC audio myself 🙂

Edited by rictus

19 hours ago, rictus said:

WOW! That’s a seriously impressive setup... I assume the yokes are real ones courtesy of eBay... 

I was working on a P28R-201 cockpit but we had to move so I don’t have the space any more and it had to go... it was also taking a lot of maintenance time 😞

I’m going to build a half panel that I can tuck away somewhere, hence the eagerness to see the G600 so it can have a few switches, mainly touch interfaces so it’s easy to maintain. But I really miss my big one... it had a laser cut panel from CAD drawings of the real thing... 

never quite finished, but it was fun to use...

9ZaYsXb.jpg

PS - nice headset 😉 same as mine! I built the box to adapt it to PC audio myself 🙂

My yoke is a replica that I bought from Routech.ro. I have a pair of it. Soon I'll be putting the co-pilot one.. 😃

I love the David Clark headset. I have it for 8 years already and it is still sharp. I got an intercom from New Zealand, so with the audio/mic jacks from the panel, got them extended and hooked up on the intercom. Works just great.

Shame you had to let it go.. it lookd really nice.  yeah, sim stuff takes lot of space. Mine measure 1.50m X 1.50m. Luckily I moved to a 4 bed room house so one of rooms is my sim and office place.. haha

On 11/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, manom said:

progess ?

Read the post from the RXP team  written on October 17th. Here is your progress.