Sign in to follow this  
ljay37

G600 for X-Plane & FSX/P3D

Hi!

I am not going to as for when you expect a release @RXP, its done when its done :)

but could you share some development news with us? What are you working on, maybe some pictures etc. 😊

@kleistad Unfortunately I can't comment on this for now but I can say we're working on a bunch of things related to the G500 directly and indirectly which have to complete first prior being able to tell more... I know this is cryptic and I wish I could tell more, and I know it takes way longer than everything we've anticipated, but we're committed on different inter-related projects in a simulation landscape which has been changing and transforming for the last 2 years!

Reality XP remains committed to bring new and innovative solutions to simmers and despite what the market might look like on the surface, simmers have been increasingly using the renowned simulation platforms which are focusing and delivering to them, and I see no reason for RXP to stop focusing and delivering to simmers either, both on X-Plane and Prepar3D...

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Any chance this project around the G500/ 600 will see the daylight anytime soon? Seriously don’t waste your time developing stuff for MSFS, the game is still unstable and going through updates for several cycles! 

@zsega In short yes.

We're just dealing with a lot of stuff right now both retail and professional, developing new features for our existing products, developing new products as well, and finalizing the G500/600. The G500/600 has set us back a few months back because of a bug introduced with the recent NVidia drivers which is compromising the device integrity and reliability (i.e. plain and simple trainer CTD). We've been working hard trying to pin point the issue and building workarounds, but it is not finalized and there are different priorities we have to deal with daily. Nevertheless, I really do sympathize and I'm aware our operations seem to be running slow for the last year, but it is only because we are working harder revisiting our product line and implementations from the ground up, so that we can accompany you all throughout the exciting times ahead, more specifically X-Plane 12 and Prepar3D 6...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just checking on any updates.  We have a Cessna 421C that has the G600TXi PFD/MFD and two GTN-750Xi's installed and I am trying to build a training sim for it. 

The only platform I can find that currently has a 421C model is an Alabeo product running on P3D.  (I already have one GTN-750 display from RealSim Gear, using your Reality-XP software.)

Do you have any updates for those of us that are trying to build TXi and Xi versions of Garmin hardware, running on P3D or XPlane?

Thanks!

On 6/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, RXP said:

Ok now I see what you mean. The G500/600 is not related to any Garmin autopilot, it is just an EFIS display.

Does anyone know if a Garmin auto pilot that with VNAV functionality that will work with the GTN750 is available for anyone anywhere.  Having just come from Flight1 GTN750 I have become spoiled with the major decrease in workload when flying a STAR. 

Thanks.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:21 PM, eddo888@tpg.com.au said:

could you please offer a “rough” eta on the g500/600 ? 

By now I think a significant part of the community (that's been following the G500/600 saga) considers this a bit of a running joke.  Reality XP started advertising the G500/G600 on their website around autumn of 2016 as "upcoming" (and still does to this day, 7 years later), so it's safe to say that a 7-year time span has exceeded the criteria for establishing reasonable doubts in terms of Reality XP releasing the product at all.

The developer should be credited with working closely with users when they have issues with Reality XP products (and additional credit for conveying a human and sincere apology when support stopped without warning for a time) as well as maintaining a (seemingly inconsistent) presence on the avsim forums.  Community engagement on behalf of developers is really valued by so many of us, so thanks should be offered in full to the developer for offering their time to us.

There exists a tense reality for both the developer and customers when a compelling product slowly transitions from "upcoming" to 7 years later (and still "upcoming").  From the outside, the perception for many is that the G500/G600 has found a home in purgatory.  The dilemma in Reality XP's hands is not an envious position to be in: Alter the website's language regarding the G500/G600 (or remove it altogether) and risk denting the company's credibility, or maintain course and keep the community guessing (while expectations continue to suffer over time).  Mitigating product development obstacles in tandem with an engaged community's thirst for new information/updates isn't exactly trivial.

At the end of the day, most of us just want to know if Reality XP is ever going to get this out the door, or at this point is it reasonble to consider the G500/G600 project abandoned?