ljay37

G600 for X-Plane & FSX/P3D

Hi, I've merged the two discussions about the G600/500 so that it makes it easier to follow through!

Although I can't say much right now, I can at least start to unveil some more prior it is officially released. We're a little behind schedule (see above our initial plans for first half 2018), but we are not too far from releasing.

One of our main design goal for the Reality XP G600/500 simulation is to offer a solution which runs with a complete set of GPS options, including the RXP GNS V2, the RXP GTN, and the default X-Plane/FltSim GPS.

Although this probably pushed back our official release, I'm pleased to let you know we've succeeded: whether using a Reality XP GPS, or a simulator GPS, the overall G600/500 simulation will be the same.

When paired with the simulator GPS, you'll get the standard experience, and when paired with a Reality XP GNS V2 or GTN, you'll get enhanced route display on the MFD side, with 'curved' segments like holding patterns, DME arcs, etc...

Another design goal our existing GNS V2 and GTN customers appreciate every day: we'll offer the G600/500 both for X-Plane and FltSim with the same level of integration and customization, and with the same hi-def and 32 bits graphics.

32 bits graphics shine on the FltSim host where the SDK limits other vendors to 15 bits colors, which inherently ruins the G600/500 PFD sky/ground gradients. See the following thread about the GTN to see what it means (click the screenshot and look the gray gradient in the red circle):

I'll unveil more, including screenshots when we're nearing release!

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!