Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Which affinity mask?

Yes that's more or less it. Any other exe processes running with the sim keep them on the last two cores 10,10,00,00 as in LPs 7 and 5 (LP0 is on the right).

You can try other AM's but you'll be hard pressed to get more out of it. Try AM=245=11,11,01,01 which may load certain scenes a little quicker.

The fixed FPS setting is not a simple limiter since it makes an allowance for building look ahead frames. When you're seeing the limits of performance with your setup that means it simply won't have enough headroom to work. In effect you need a really powerful PC to use Fixed over 20fps.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

OP, I bet you set all of those mystery settings within the Addon Manager.  You hit the "Save to P3D3" button.

addon.jpg

With P3D when you enable Unlimited fps and turn VSync on in the Display Settings, that in effect limits the fps to the refresh rate of the monitor. In that case with Triple Buffer on it allows the renderer to maintain rendering even when the next frame is queued. That might reduce headroom for other concurrent tasks within the sim.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

OP, I bet you set all of those mystery settings within the Addon Manager.  You hit the "Save to P3D3" button.

Yes perhaps, all though it was my understanding from a post I found at FSDT that the addon manager will not save any new settings unless I changed them. I went in and added the Antipop up to see if that helps with the stutters on final at KLAS. Here is my current add on manager. 

With P3D when you enable Unlimited fps and turn VSync on in the Display Settings, that in effect limits the fps to the refresh rate of the monitor. In that case with Triple Buffer on it allows the renderer to maintain rendering even when the next frame is queued. That might reduce headroom for other concurrent tasks within the sim.

Yes I did this as well so I should be ok with unlimited frames if I have the Vsync on. 

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture4.png

Capture5.png

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

So I find my self making a decision between fluidity and possible blurry terrain?

That is a trade-off you will always have to make..  :hi:

Bert

I really don't understand how AM discussion relates to VAS usage. Even if some sort of a correlation does exist, I don't think it's sufficient enough to fight OOM and rather coincidental. I have used various AM settings with HT on and off and yes, it does help CPU performance dramatically, especially when you simultaneously use a variety of external applications such as PATC,  weather engines, navigation tools... too many to mention. However, I have never seen that AM contributes into decrease of VAS usage.    

BlurryTerrain is a result of low LOD settings. Bigger LOD = lesser blurries = bigger VAS usage = bigger chance of OOM. Nine circles of Hell called 32-bit environment :-)

Which indeed. Depends.

My 6700K 4.7GHz does just fine with HT off and no affinity mask.  Agree with G-YMML1 that AM doesn't relate directly to VAS.  This has turned into a long thread and I'm not even sure if I caught the actual problem you're trying to solve, or if you are just tweaking to see what happens.

Dan Downs KCRP

BlurryTerrain is a result of low LOD settings.

Blurry Terrain close up is caused by the CPU/GPU being unable to keep up with whatever views you may be commanding.. that is the situation we were discussing above..

Not sure where VAS enters into this (performance) discussion..

Bert

Thank you all for the responses. This is what I've done.

Deleted CFG. Then added AM-85

Simulator is smooth and reaching 30-35 FPS with Airbus X and KLAS. I noticed that with the sim locked to 30FPS it was smooth with the exception of the terrain. It seemed like the terrain was catching up with a locked FPS. So I went unlimited and it works much better much more fluid but I worriedi that blurry textures will re appear later with unlimited. So I find my self making a decision between fluidity and possible blurry terrain?

Thank you all for the responses. This is what I've done.

Deleted CFG. Then added AM-85

Simulator is smooth and reaching 30-35 FPS with Airbus X and KLAS. I noticed that with the sim locked to 30FPS it was smooth with the exception of the terrain. It seemed like the terrain was catching up with a locked FPS. So I went unlimited and it works much better much more fluid but I worriedi that blurry textures will re appear later with unlimited. So I find my self making a decision between fluidity and possible blurry terrain?

Sorry but did you try setting your monitor to 30hz? Seems to work for a lot of people

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM