Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Amazing Freeware Bell 429

I didn't delete it

I got the AP working (SCAS button to the left of the right most display unit).  Press it to ATT and the computer takes over, it will basically do anything.  However I don't see a way to disable the SPD hold.  I can go back to SCAS mode and all my flight controls work except the "auto throttle" is still engaged.  Anyone know of a button or way to turn it off.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If it works like the Bell 412 (and it should, using the same plugin), you can disable AP by assigning a controller or keyboard command to "Servos toggle" or "Servos off" as a generic X-Plane command. It should also work by turning AP1 and AP2 off (or just one, I'm not sure).

Take a look at the commands in the /Documents/Commands.txt folder underneath the main aircraft folder. That has a list of all the special Bell 412 plugin commands for autopilot. You have to map these plugin commands to a controller switch unless you want to just mouse the switches in the cockpit.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yeah I found it under the 412 commands AP_SBY - seems to work.

Flying helos in XP would definitely be better with actual helo hardware.  Especially for online flight there's no good way to change frequencies with a teeny weeny clickspot and hand fly.  I see the "beep trim" commands- is that like for force trim?  OR is there a way to activate force trim to hold a stick attitude?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beep trim is for small adjustments in ATT mode (not SAS), where joystick input is limited. In that mode on the X-Trident 412, you can activate force trim release (hold down a button) to hand-fly any changes and then release the button to limit cyclic input again. Beep trim is basically another way to make small cyclic inputs in that mode.

I haven't looked to see if force trim release is actually modeled in this 429, but if it's using the 412 plugin then it might be there. The command you can map for that with the 412 plugin is listed under:

---SPECIAL

---buttons

cyclic force trim release

Alright I'll try.  I'm still having a heck of a time with the AP logic.  VS mode doesn't seem to capture altitude, even though there is an ALTS on the RDU.  I'd like to get it figured out so I can fly it online (AP is great for longer flights and for tuning radios/avionics).  Hope the developer makes a manual some day.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Alright I'll try.  I'm still having a heck of a time with the AP logic.  VS mode doesn't seem to capture altitude, even though there is an ALTS on the RDU.  I'd like to get it figured out so I can fly it online (AP is great for longer flights and for tuning radios/avionics).  Hope the developer makes a manual some day.

Make sure you're in ATT mode with both AP1 and AP2 active for altitude capture. A manual would be nice, but a lot of this stuff is actually the borrowed Bell 412 functions. There is a manual for that one, with more info on the autopilot functions, but I'm not sure it's legit to post it since it's part of the payware X-Trident 412 package. You could always buy the 412 and get that manual. :smile:  It's a really good helicopter model.

For anyone new to helicopter autopilot and force trim release, here's a good introduction by a famous helicopter pilot, who holds round-the-world speed records, in both directions: http://www.rotorandwing.com/2004/04/01/no-hands/

XPlane11 Beta 6 will not start up when trying to load the Bell 429.  It hangs up at "Done With Pre Loading" and closes to the desktop.  This only happens with this aircraft.

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

It's working here

You patched it with the new plugin folder? You only need the 412 folder, not the other files in the zip

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Does that folder go into the "Aircraft/Extra Aircraft" folder or the "Resources/Plugins" folder?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I put mine inside the Bell 429 folder/plugin folder

Patch to 412 is no longer available from above link, so since I had 429 installed all I did was copy over the /64 directory to the 412 /64 overriding the x3 files and bingo, got tail and rotors working again on this beautiful 412 v1.7, thanks for posting info!