Sign in to follow this  
Arjun7741

How would fsx perform with these specs?

Intel i5 6600k@3.5ghz

Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2Gb graphics card

Motherboard-MSI 110M Gaming

How would fsx or p3d perform with these specs?

Thanks!

If you could let us know what system you are coming from it would help us. Meaning if you are coming from a laptop or very old system then you will love this new setup. But if from a 4790k then you may not get the increase in fps you were hoping for. Also the biggest then you can do is overclock that system when you build it. You don't have to go for 5 gig like you read about but a little overclock will help and is relatively easy to do. As for the video card, it will work as long as you are not trying to run 3 screens, if so look for more video ram. Good luck. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

If you could let us know what system you are coming from it would help us. Meaning if you are coming from a laptop or very old system then you will love this new setup. But if from a 4790k then you may not get the increase in fps you were hoping for. Also the biggest then you can do is overclock that system when you build it. You don't have to go for 5 gig like you read about but a little overclock will help and is relatively easy to do. As for the video card, it will work as long as you are not trying to run 3 screens, if so look for more video ram. Good luck.

Yes I'm coming from a notebook hopefully it'll be good

fsx will be fine.  P3D - that video card is a little on the weaker side but it might work ok.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah I'm gonna be going for fsx mostly would it run at a decent frame rate with a few aircraft and scenery add-ons

Intel i5 6600k@3.5ghz

Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2Gb graphics card

Motherboard-MSI 110M Gaming

How would fsx or p3d perform with these specs?

Thanks!

I recently upgraded to an i5 6600k. It will actually boost to 3.9 GHz. I also got a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3 motherboard, which includes overclocking software. I've nudged mine to 4.1GHz and I'm happy with the results. With autogen at Dense, I can get 29 FPS (locked at 30) over central London (Orbx England) in most aircraft. Some of my more FPS-unfriendly aircraft would be: RAZBAM Metroliner (20+ FPS), RealAir Duke v2 (25+ FPS), Milviz B55 (20+ FPS), Leonardo Maddog (18+ FPS). And those are smooth FPS. That's without weather, and of course with some of the more advanced airliners, I wouldn't be running Orbx regions from proper flying to keep the VAS down.

My graphics card, though is a Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 and I have 16GB of 3000Mhz RAM, although I think 8GB would be fine.

That's all FSX (Steam) by the way - I haven't tried P3D.

What screen resolution will you be using?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I recently upgraded to an i5 6600k. It will actually boost to 3.9 GHz. I also got a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3 motherboard, which includes overclocking software. I've nudged mine to 4.1GHz and I'm happy with the results. With autogen at Dense, I can get 29 FPS (locked at 30) over central London (Orbx England) in most aircraft. Some of my more FPS-unfriendly aircraft would be: RAZBAM Metroliner (20+ FPS), RealAir Duke v2 (25+ FPS), Milviz B55 (20+ FPS), Leonardo Maddog (18+ FPS). And those are smooth FPS. That's without weather, and of course with some of the more advanced airliners, I wouldn't be running Orbx regions from proper flying to keep the VAS down.

My graphics card, though is a Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 and I have 16GB of 3000Mhz RAM, although I think 8GB would be fine.

That's all FSX (Steam) by the way - I haven't tried P3D.

Thanks that'll help

What screen resolution will you be using?

I haven't decided that yet first I wanna be done with the smoothness of the game while running.

Does the resolution affect it though?

Does the resolution affect it though?

Yes! Although FSX relies more on the CPU, your proposed card is not ideal for resolutions above 1920x1080 (but should cope well enough at that resolution).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes! Although FSX relies more on the CPU, your proposed card is not ideal for resolutions above 1920x1080 (but should cope well enough at that resolution).

Yup won't keep it above 1920*1080p

Overclock your CPU, get a better GPU if you can afford it.

Both are advisable for whether you're running FSX or P3D.

Overclock your CPU, get a better GPU if you can afford it.

Both are advisable for whether you're running FSX or P3D.

Yup I will definitely overclock my cpu but could u recommend a better GPU which would make the scenery look better.

Depends how much money you want to spend.

If you can afford it, a GTX 1080. If not, a GTX 1070.

Both FSX and P3D need a card with lots of shaders to render everything.

Depends how much money you want to spend.

If you can afford it, a GTX 1080. If not, a GTX 1070.

Both FSX and P3D need a card with lots of shaders to render everything.

Judging by his initial pick I would say those are well out of his desired price range. I would say a 1060 6GB would be a better choice and still be significantly faster than the 750 Ti.

1050 would be better than a 750ti for around the same price (usually cheaper here in the UK)

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427