Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Release Planning... (Whoa?! Yes I just said that!)

Captains,

It brings me great pleasure to let you know that we have set a release schedule in motion for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

I will have quite a bit more to say in the coming days, as my workload related to development tasks is finally beginning to wind down a bit- but the team has been discussing release dates for about four weeks now, and we finally have one that we are comfortable that we will make.

I am not going to give you any further information other than to tell you that it is more than a week away, and before Christmas Eve, 2017.  :Party:

(Yes- we will tell you the exact date ahead of time... We just want to make sure we clear the last couple of items before we commit to the date and start all the mechanisms moving in that direction.)

We are still tidying up some details for the initial release, and a few members of the team are already working on some updates that will come to you post-release.

Included in this release are nearly all the 747-400 variants a pilot could hope for- each modeled accurately in terms of available engine types, performance data and a plethora of specifications.  A few of you noted that I had made a point of declining to commit to the 747-400D, but this airframe made the release as we were able to acquire proper documentation to support it.

A few things you will be excited to hear:  We have been conducting some on-and-off-again testing of a new micro-updating capability that will allow us to **finally** issue small updates for our entire product line rather than making you wait for regular update periods that can occasionally drag on for extended periods.

The micro-update capability is embedded in the Operations Center, and **may** be live on release day depending upon how a few more live-fire tests of the capability go in the coming days.  If it isn't turned on for release day, it should be turned on shortly after- as we will want to put some public load on it to see what we learn and how it holds up under actual use.

(Yes... we are trying to simmer-proof it...  which is a few steps beyond idiot proofing, because simmers are FAR more creative in ways to break stuff.  :P )

In the product itself- we think you will be blown away at how much new technology we have embedded in order to improve the total simming experience.  I will go into more detail later- but some of it we will probably just not mention and let you experience it on your own.  There are a couple of things we have done that have really increased the realism and "sense of being there" far beyond what we have accomplished previously.

Nice thing is that we ARE going to be able to roll those backward into the 777 via the updater technology too- once we get a bit of development time free of the 744.  (Disclaimer:  There is no relative time commitment in this sentence...)

So much to tell you about- but what I need right now is some sleep.  We have been putting in long, long hours to get this product wrapped up for you- and the wait is nearly over.

Start stretching your thumb and pinky fingers so you can get your hand behind all four throttles.!

• Upvote 43

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

first one! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Awesome, congrats! Can't wait!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I was thinking it would  be another year,,so could be. Problem with getting old is the delay might out last me :)

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I was waiting to feel real wake turbulence, but now in addition I think I am gonna get real spouse turbulence.... =@

Great job guys, can't wait...

Terence Jordan

Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats in the auditorium. The Pratt and Whitney, Rolls Royce and General Electric chiors will now perform Flying Free 

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

Quite courageous to link the word "idiot" to the people who will pay for your product...

I wish you the best of success, and a trouble free release!

I'll stick to triple 7 due to  upcoming change in P3D coding and because of the fact I like 777 more, but I really admire your new product and have high hopes regarding back-transfer of technology! Hope that one day 737 will get this special touch too :)  

Quite courageous to link the word "idiot" to the people who will pay for your product...

You've been here long enough to know it's true. It was jest.

Just made my time here in Baghdad much better. Thanks.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Guest Mik75

You've been here long enough to know it's true. It was jest.

Yeah, and I've been around here long enough to have seen a few other things... ;-)

Truth and words, though...