Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Release Planning... (Whoa?! Yes I just said that!)

Well with the new version that might release will break most aircraft due to dll.

Sure that is why I won't spend another 100 bucks for sth I'll use for one year :-)

Micro-update thing is one of the big step forward and very happy to hear that besides the releasing date of the Queen.

Just...remember to lower the price when you release the Queen. $228 million is quite too high I think...at least for me.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Great news that it's nearly there, Robert - BUT - for post release updates will these be incorporated in the initial package for a later purchaser, or, will you always need to buy the initial release version and add on the updates as they become available?

What I'm really asking is, will it be worthwhile delaying purchasing the initial product by weeks/months, say, until all the updates have been issued?

Has your release planning touched on likely costs for the package?

Bernard Walford

Has your release planning touched on likely costs for the package?

I do not speak for PMDG, but they have always provided updates at no additional cost.  Expansion packages such as the upcoming B748 are additional cost same as B77W or B736-737.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well... all we know is that it will be released between 8 days and Xmas eve... Is that such great news?

James Goggi

Well... all we know is that it will be released between 8 days and Xmas eve... Is that such great news?

Your're not reading the Magic 8 Ball, sir.

This is good news.

spacer.png

Well, now we know that it's Xmas eve 2017  :P

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

Of course it is!!

24 hours ago, we did not know when it might be released.

Now we know!!

Robert is using the well adviced adage: "Always give a range, rather than a number"!!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

WOW! Great News Robert! I have the  PMDG Product Page set as my homepage at work & at home!!! Taking 3 days off work starting release day as well. :Party:

UPS123.png

I can't help wanting to think that the new technology they are referring to is inclusive of shared cockpit. :ph34r:

Whats a 747-400D?...Diesel??..jk, but seriously? 

747-Domestic. Made for high-frequency Japanese domestic routes.

From Wikipedia:

747-400D[edit]

The 747-400D (Domestic) is a high density seating model developed for short-haul, high-volume domestic Japanese flights. This model is capable of seating a maximum of 568 passengers in a two-class configuration or 660 passengers in a single-class configuration.[4]

The −400D lacks the wingtip extensions and winglets included on other variants. Winglets would provide minimal benefits on short-haul routes, while adding extra weight and cost. The −400D may be converted to the long range version if needed. The 747-400D can be distinguished from the otherwise similar-looking 747-300 by the extra windows on the upper deck. These allow for extra seating at the rear of the upper deck, where a galley would normally be situated on longer flights. In total, 19 of the type were built, with the last example delivered to All Nippon Airways on February 11, 1996.[17] This variant was retired with ANA retiring its last 747 on March 31, 2014.

• Upvote 3