Sign in to follow this  
JYW

The Carenado Meridian is out!

Actually, you can pop open their .cab files, start scrolling through the dates of when certain elements were added compare common parts to other Carando G1000 products and start to pick up on a timeline. Also look at dates when common textures were made, FDE was finalized, .air file. It all paints a picture of about how long the project was in development. 

Ken...what do you think the dev cycle was for this release?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I never buy a 1.0 version of a Carenado anymore, so still waiting a bit on this one. 

However, they did show a final render from the modeling software on 25 Feb '16. 

On some of their other products, I have found an average of 18 to 24 months of coding time. The Hawker was one of the longer timelines I found.

I should have read this thread first, instead of puchasing it immediately. Lovely hull, but not much inside exept of frame-eating displays. 

Yes, but there's a fundamental difference in the product not having, say, as indepth systems or high quality as other developers and when they charge money for a released aircraft that has mistakes all over it. We can expect and live with it when we spend $37 for medium quality product that doesn't have all the switches actually doing something like PMDG or even Eaglesoft. But to claim something and then deliver something else where ridiculously basic things are wrong as if tested like other stated in 10 minutes while watching Netflix, that's not fair.

Yep!  I couldn't agree more here.  I have more or less given up the argument against Carenado as it really doesn't matter what anyone says, does or thinks about their products.  They have a philosophy, even if it means lying, to get their stuff out the door.  They don't care about quality.  It's been proven over and over and over again!  Yet, most of their customers don't seem to care.  Or, unfortunately, it's the only option out there to get whatever aircraft type it is.  So we are stuck there.  But, again for me, it's the false advertising that really bugs me.  I would really wonder if there would be some way to take legal action.  I would love to do it just to put these guys in their place!  They should just be up front(like every other ad out there too) about what their product is or isn't.

• Upvote 3

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

With those ridiculous and inciting comments, this topic is locked.  The subject is about the Meridian and not about the company Carenado.  Please do not accuse Carenado of false advertising unless you have proof that they falsified the information about the Meridian.  If they did, take legal action or do not comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10