Sign in to follow this  
nantucket

Landing Lights: Carenado Phenom 100

When using the Carenado Phenom 100 V2 in clouds and fog with the landing lights on, the landing lights appear as elongated overlapping rectangles. All External views in poor visibility show normal looking landing lights!! Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?? ( I am flying the aircraft in FSX) Thanks for your help!!

I am having some difficulty finding the missing texture alert in fsx.cfg.  What heading is it under?  Thanks!!

You add the line

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

To the [scenery] section

You will want to remove it after the test as it will drive you nuts

Your right - that line will drive you nuts while flying in FSX!! Unfortunately, it did not wok. I still get the elongated white rectangles when flying in clouds or overcast.   I was getting the message: Failed to load texture: fx_strobecar1900D.bmp.  Can changing some of the settings in graphics, aircraft, etc in FSX help? I am Not using DirectX.10. Not sure if that will do any good? I only have this problem with the Carenado Phenom 100. Should anything be changed in that folder? Just guessing!! Thanks for your help.

here you go...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/438778-square-looking-landing-and-strobe-lights-with-dx10/

See Ankh's post for details.

I realise that you aren't using Dx10 but the missing texture is I think still your issue.

Carenado often seem to make minor mistakes with light textures. In DX9 that largely goes unnoticed as the DX9 engine displays missing textures as transparent but in DX10 they get displayed as grey squares and thus get noticed (a lot).

In this case it seemed that they shipped effects that referenced bitmaps from another aircraft the B1900D rather than the bitmaps that were shipped with the Phenom which were from the EMB500

I suspect that you issue is that the overcast is making the missing textures become slightly visible even in DX9.

I really thought that this was the answer!! I changed the data in both effects files from 1900D.bmp to EMB500.bmp. Started FSX and am still experiencing overlapping elongated rectangles. Can't understand why this did not work? I may need to change something else as well?

Yes. I opened the texture folder under effects and have the fx_CARldnEMB500.bmp and the fx_strobecarEMB500.bmp for the strobes and landing lights. I changed all the entries within the effects folders from the 1900D.BMP to the EMB500.BMP.

I added the MissingTextureAlert=1 to the fsx.cfg, loaded a flight in FSX with the Phenom 100 and flew into an overcast!! I am still getting a flat white rectangle and did not get a Missing Texture Alert message.  So it must be something else that I need to change. Maybe it's time to contact Carenado?