Sign in to follow this  
Dexter1979

A Kaby Lake Xmas in january

Now I know why my Tesla wont go anywhere...  You pulled the power supply out and put it in your computer...   :lol:

LOL...

How did the De-lid go?

I think I'll do it on tuesday or wednesday...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Nice looking build.

Having used several of the water cooling components I see in your pictures, I wanted to offer some advice.

1) If you hear any strange rattle coming from your system after you build it, check those fans.  The Corsair SP120 doesn't like being mounted in horizontal orientation, especially upside-down.  The fans I saw in the top of your system are not mounted upside-down so that's good, but it also doesn't make much sense from an airflow perspective as basically you're trying to pull air from above your system back down into it.  

2) Carefully monitor the G1/4" ports on your UT60 radiators for signs of leaking.  I had one that wasn't machined properly (factory defect) and it leaked and bled my system dry.  I've stopped using that series of radiators since.  

3) Be extremely cautious when de-lidding your Kaby Lake CPU.  The package on these newer chips (Skylake and Kaby Lake) is extremely thin compared to prior generations and is prone to bending.  I bent the first chip Kaby Lake I de-lidded but not to the point of damaging it.  

Nice looking build.

Having used several of the water cooling components I see in your pictures, I wanted to offer some advice.

1) If you hear any strange rattle coming from your system after you build it, check those fans.  The Corsair SP120 doesn't like being mounted in horizontal orientation, especially upside-down.  The fans I saw in the top of your system are not mounted upside-down so that's good, but it also doesn't make much sense from an airflow perspective as basically you're trying to pull air from above your system back down into it.  

2) Carefully monitor the G1/4" ports on your UT60 radiators for signs of leaking.  I had one that wasn't machined properly (factory defect) and it leaked and bled my system dry.  I've stopped using that series of radiators since.  

3) Be extremely cautious when de-lidding your Kaby Lake CPU.  The package on these newer chips (Skylake and Kaby Lake) is extremely thin compared to prior generations and is prone to bending.  I bent the first chip Kaby Lake I de-lidded but not to the point of damaging it.

Thanks for the advise...

1) Do to bad (or good) luck I had an issue with the psu sleeved cables (the box label says blue but they are white) I'm switching the fans for the newer SP120 RGB that match the white cables... and now my case is all black... no more blue face...

2) My current build use 2 alphacool UT60 360 and no issues there... I already flush both radiators and did not find any leaks...

3) I'm not using the cutter or the vice method... Last build I use the vice method and wasn't pretty but it worked... and worked great... this time I'll try something new... the de-lid and re-lid kit from RockItCool...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

3) I'm not using the cutter or the vice method... Last build I use the vice method and wasn't pretty but it worked... and worked great... this time I'll try something new... the de-lid and re-lid kit from RockItCool...

Nice build,

i use tool from Der8uer , when clean up after delidd , dont clean away the black intel silicon on the CPU pcb,

clean the IHS.

when applay liquid ultra or Pro line up on the black on the pcb , i dont reglue put the package in the socket ,loose the retaintion screw ,the middle one to about one tread left . clamp down and last tight the screw.

Finally a have a dedicated Sim PC , have some leftowers.

Chasssi Fractal Define , 1000w FSP Psu, 2 x 980 , Z170 Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Extreme, 2 x16 4133 Galax limited edition, Cpu 7700k delidded i like PRO some prefer Ultra, the cpu is good no golden sample but high over the normal.

Cooling NZXT X61 Kraken tuned the fans from a profile in the Mobo max rev is 60% , kraken fans can be loud.

here is one of the RogRealbench Stresstests a did an finaly a 3.5hour flight with FsLabs A320.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54475361/7700k/web7700k.png

Hi people...

It's time for another update...

As I said last time... the psu cables that were supposed to be blue are white...  So I change the blue sleeves of the pump to white... and looks even better... :yahoo:

DSC_2070.jpg

DSC_2071.jpg

The plug at the top of the reservoir is a white led... In previous pictures you may see 4 bottles of Mayhems Pastel Blue... guess what... I'll switch to distilled water... now I have 4 bottles of Pastel without any purpose... :Hmmmph:

DSC_2074.jpg

The new Corsair SP120 RGB fans...

DSC_2075.jpg

DSC_2077.jpg

DSC_2081.jpg

DSC_2082.jpg

Now... The part that all have been waiting for... De-Lid and Re-Lid...

DSC_2085.jpg

DSC_2088.jpg

DSC_2090.jpg

DSC_2092.jpg

DSC_2094.jpg

Pop!!! De-Lid complete!!!

DSC_2095.jpg

DSC_2097.jpg

DSC_2103.jpg

After applying the Liquid Ultra metal thermal paste it's time for a Re-Lid... Now I have to wait around 2 hours for the glue to cure...

DSC_2105.jpg

Another pic of the black case...

DSC_2106.jpg

Well people... This is how things went...

DSC_2115.jpg

First... draining the loop and removing the two Titans X(P) from my old pc...

DSC_2117.jpg

Sorry for not taking pictures when I was bending and cutting the PETG tubes... It's kind of hard at first but at the end is very easy... What you see here is 50% precise measurement using a ruler and 50% eye ball measurement...

DSC_2118.jpg

DSC_2122.jpg

DSC_2124.jpg

DSC_2125.jpg

This is where you put all your money on the line... the LEAK TEST!!!!... :ampun:

DSC_2129.jpg

DSC_2140.jpg

DSC_2144.jpg

After a HUGE success and connecting all cables in the back.. Disaster struck... This is really painful...

When I removed the Titans from the old pc I had to put the chrome back plates to make them look good in the new pc... To put the back plate you have to remove 6 screws and replace them with the ones inside the back plate box... The first one went OK but the second had 4 stuck screws... to make things worst those screws were inside another screw with a nut head... I look for a mini wrench to keep the nut from moving and when I was trying to take them out I heard a "crack" sound... my heart stopped for a minute but I did not see any damage... When I put everything together and turn on the pc guess what... as soon I click on apply to activate SLI I got all types of video corruption (It was really bad)... What I scream next I can't put that here... :)

Long story short... I wasted a Titan X Pascal... yes... a $1200 + shipping monster video card... :(

After trying all sorts of possible solutions for the corruption I gave up and remove the Titan... This is how it looks...

DSC_2210.jpg

DSC_2212.jpg

DSC_2169.jpg

DSC_2158.jpg

DSC_2159.jpg

DSC_2160.jpg

DSC_2161.jpg

One thing about my personality is that I don't take a NO as an answer in this kind of things... so I ordered a third Titan... YES... i have three Titan X Pascal boxes...

DSC_2221.jpg

DSC_2184.jpg

DSC_2185.jpg

DSC_2194.jpg

DSC_2197.jpg

DSC_2201.jpg

DSC_2204.jpg

DSC_2222.jpg

DSC_2224.jpg

That's my story....

Regarding performance.... Thanks to the de-lid the cpu at 100% the highest I've seen is 55C... Overclocking was a breeze... at the moment is running at 5.1GHz with a vCore of 1.33v (I can use a lower voltage (1.31v) but for stability purposes I'm fine with 1.33v)...

Kaby Lake is a monster with P3D... even with 100% traffic at KLAX (ORBX-AS2016-ENVTEX) I have a fluid performance... very smooth.... FPS is not a problem anymore but VAS is another story...

Have a nice day people!...

A few P3D shots... The screenshot were taken while moving not when the sim is paused... driver 376.33... KLAX 100% ai traffic limited to 150 using FSUIPC...

Flight%201.jpg

Flight%202.jpg

Flight%203.jpg

Dexter - do you rob banks for a living? :oO

Congrats looks fantastic

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

12 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

Dexter - do you rob banks for a living? :oO

LOL... I have the best job in the world (by flight simulators fans standards)... try to guess what it is... :)

14 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

Congrats looks fantastic

Thanks.. I took lots of time and work but at the end everything is fine...

32 minutes ago, Dexter1979 said:

LOL... I have the best job in the world (by flight simulators fans standards)... try to guess what it is... :)

You fly a dog house all over the place as a WW2 flying ace of course!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

32 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

You fly a dog house all over the place as a WW2 flying ace of course!

LOL

7 minutes ago, Dexter1979 said:

LOL

I'm an android detective as you can see...nothing fools me!  :ph34r:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, Dexter1979 said:

You have a trust fund and are currently unemployed so simming time is unlimited. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000