Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Reinstalling Chase Plane, How to access preset profiles?

Two Questions:

1 - Can someone tell me exactly which P3D configuration files get modified by Chase Plane and what in them gets changed?

2 - If I uninstalled my version of Chase Plane and then reinstall it how do I access all the previous preset profiles I created and get them loaded again?

Thanks

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I think they're all stored in the cloud.

Keven will pop in and help no doubt if that's no the case.

Cheers,

Mark

I believe the relevant sim files get copied/backed up with FSFX in their titles. 

Take a look in your users / (youruseID) / appdata / roaming / lockheed martin / prepar3dv3  folder.

I believe that the presets are stored in the cloud, and should be available when you access them from a re- installation (so long as you use the same login details)

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I believe that the presets are stored in the cloud, and should be available when you access them from a re- installation (so long as you use the same login details)

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

your  correct,  doesnt  matter how  many time  you uninstall reinstall  your  profile  is  kept  in the cloud  which is  a plus

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for the replies

However I went back to a previous image backup I made due to other issues I was having and this image was before I installed Chase Plane.

With all my other add-ons I can simply copy over the profiles (I keep separate copies of all of them for this very reason) into any re-installs I do and all my settings are restored. I am not sure exactly where and how to access my Chase Plane profiles (presets) and copy them over to the fresh install I will need to do now. I do have access to the previous image that had Chase Plane installed with all my presets created and could copy any necessary files it that would help but as of now I am at a loss for the process to use that I use for all my other add-ons like SPAD.next, VoiceAttack, Track IR, Simstarter NG, AS16 etc.

Hopefully Kevin can provide me more details

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe,

You don't have to copy anything. The beauty of having your data in the cloud is that you simply have to reinstall ChasePlane and everything will be left as it was (except control assignments)

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven

So my presets will be there when I re-install and since I use joystick buttons to assign presets to all I have to do it re-associate the buttons to the presets?

Thanks

Joe

You will have to reassign key assignments in the current version but all your presets will be there along with your preferences.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven

Thanks it worked well.

I did notice the latest version of CP changed my P3D Graphics setting of Wide View Aspect Ratio to On from previously being OFF.

It seems however when I toggle the parameter On and Off with CP engaged now it doesn't change the view at all anymore, is this normal and I assume CP wants Wide View Aspect Ratio On now.

Joe

Today we removed the WideViewAspect requirement.

You can now choose to have it on or off, ChasePlane will adjust accordingly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42