Sign in to follow this  
cloudfreak1

QuickLook function numeric keypad

hi guys,

for me it is not possible to generate QuickLook views in Beta6

it always changes to another view

do you have the same problem?

if i save a camera-view  with shift+numpad  and then open this view with numpad it has changed the view again

It's Ctrl+Numpad (just to make sure :smile: ).

Also, when you store a view, you first need to change the view again before you can actually "recall" it. Else it will switch to the last view you were using before this.

ooh sorry yes i mean  Ctrl+Numpad   :smile: 

but i now how to create a new view but it will not save

Matthias is correct.  Use Ctrl+[number key], to assign a quick view and then either hit the Shift+8 or Shift+9 (default XP camera view assignments), to change the view again so the previous action takes hold.  After setting up multiple quick views, then it is as easy as assigning a view, and then hitting one of the keys previously assigned to change the view, so basically, each time you assign a key, hit another that is assigned to ensure XP saves the new view.  This method has always worked in the past, on my end without fail.

If all of that sounds confusing, here is a good, reliable and informative video to explain.  Be aware this was made for XP10, but the commands are still the same in XP11.  Pay close attention to the key commands that are shown, from the XP10 menu.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hey Guys,

XP11 newb here.  Is it then possible to assign a quick-view to a button on my yoke?  As in, I have an "approach" quick view assigned to a key on the number pad, can I map it to a button?  I can't seem to get anything but the "Default" view position to work this way.

Thank you,

Greg

Hey Guys,

XP11 newb here.  Is it then possible to assign a quick-view to a button on my yoke?  As in, I have an "approach" quick view assigned to a key on the number pad, can I map it to a button?  I can't seem to get anything but the "Default" view position to work this way.

Thank you,

Greg

I was able to map a "default view" command to my weapons selector button (helps get me back to forward view on the fly) on my flight stick so i am pretty sure you could do the same thing on your yolk.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

but thats the default x plane view, which might be too low for example, therefore i set my pilot view into a custom, but havent found a way neither to recall this via joystick button..

maybe worth checking the xcamera plugin?

but thats the default x plane view, which might be too low for example, therefore i set my pilot view into a custom, but havent found a way neither to recall this via joystick button..

In the button assignment list, enter "view" in the search window, and then look for the following commands that can be mapped, and should recall stored views (I think this is it, I haven't tried it):

Go to save 3D cockpit location #1

Go to save 3D cockpit location #2

etc.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

oh i did not see these options to pick, cool man, thanks!

it seems to work a bit buggy though:

Go to save 3D cockpit location #1 will bring up view saved under [0]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #2 will bring up view saved under [1]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #3 will bring up view saved under [2]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #10 will bring up view saved under [9]

oh i did not see these options to pick, cool man, thanks!

it seems to work a bit buggy though:

Go to save 3D cockpit location #1 will bring up view saved under [0]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #2 will bring up view saved under [1]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #3 will bring up view saved under [2]

Go to save 3D cockpit location #10 will bring up view saved under [9]

Hmmn, I tried those but didn't realize the numbers didn't match.  I'll give it another try tonight.  Thank you guys!